Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to see a VI today (6 hour round trip) and really thought I would have bought it after seeing pics of it .

Unfortunatley due to a few problems (which aren't on the ad) I went with my gut instinct and decided not to buy it.

Anyway i'm gutted - really thought I would have been back into evo ownership today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully going to see another on Wednesday and if no luck with that then will have to see what the w/e brings.

Completely cocked my week-ends up though - I could have been at Knockhill today - I want to go to the GT battle next Sat but can't as I don't know what's happening car wise !

My Focus RS is also on e-bay with no reserve starting at £14200 so I can get the cash for a VI - auction finishes tomorrow night so fingers crossed as someone will be getting a bargain with my RS !

What a crap day - i'm depressed :(

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
gsrgeoff said:
Went to see a VI today (6 hour round trip) and really thought I would have bought it after seeing pics of it .

Unfortunatley due to a few problems with the car I went with my gut instinct and decided not to buy it. (Don't wan't to say too much)

Anyway i'm gutted - really thought I would have been back into evo ownership today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hopefully going to see another on Wednesday and if no luck with that then will have to see what the w/e brings.

Completely cocked my week-ends up though - I could have been at Knockhill today - I want to go to the GT battle next Sat but can't as I don't know what's happening car wise !

My Focus RS is also on e-bay with no reserve starting at £14200 so I can get the cash for a VI - auction finishes tomorrow night so fingers crossed as someone will be getting a bargain with my RS !

so sorry to hear that mate, my mate john aka skeletor suffered the same he was told it was an awesome well sorted evo by the garage and made over 200 miles each way and suffered the same fate, in his case it was keighley motors
What a crap day - i'm depressed :(

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
gsrgeoff said:

i'm sure you will get something geoff.good cars are scarce.i bought a 6rs monte carlo on saturday.16 hour round trip.well worth it :D had a few wasted trips to though.best to leave it it if your not happy,something will come along ;)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congratulations Martin, I had a feeling you were after the VI Extreme on here for sale.

I'm still hacked off this morning :(

(Was going to take the day off work to have a play with the new toy, but have come to work as I have no new toy !)

One good thing though - it looks like I managed to sell my IV remote controlled car :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Geoff,

Am in same situation have looked at quite a few cars but have not felt entirely happy with one. It is difficult keeping up the resolve to hold out for the 'right' one especially for a newcomer like me!

The last vii i looked at was described as immaculate throughout and indeed it was except, stone chips, deep scrape on ns bumper, rip in seat cloth, paint peeling of wipers, rust in engine bay, badly scarred alloys and severely melted paint on brake callipers. Did make me laugh when my cornish vendor said "moind you boy thaims all zuffers bad with breeks loike aaaat don em"

As there was some travel involved I had already asked the guy on the phone if immaculate meant immaculate and he said it was, pi**ed me right off when I got there.

Still as posted above plenty out there.

Chin up

Paxo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
same here, if i wanted a silver one i could have bought one 5 times over. But i'd rather have black or white, and they've all been scabby or high milers, or people asking the same price as i could get an 8 260 for. I don't want an 8, i want a 7 grr

I'm beginning to wonder wether i should give up and buy a silver one.

:(

Mind you on a plus side my copper s will be ready on monday, only took 3 months from order

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well I've been to see another and nearly just drove straight on as i was approaching it - don't think it had been washed inside or out for over a year.
The wheels were caked in brake dust which would only be removed by a refurb. I didn't even get in or even look in the boot / engine - just walked away after about 30 secs.

I have a budget of about £11k so am dredging the bottom of the barrel. However as said above they are either cheap and crap or too expensive and near VII / VIII 260 pricebands.
I may end up spending more and not clearing as much debt as I want to !

I have also taken an Audi S4 (2.7 V6 twin turbo) out this week and was very impressed. Easily as quick as an evo but with all the refinement as well. Would need a suspension upgrade and then you've got one hell of a Q car.

My RS now has a bid on e-bay so I will be back on the hunt this week-end as that looks like it will be gone soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts