Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to look at a few cars at www.motorzoneuk.com and the cars look to be ok. Has anyone had any experience from these or know of anything about them. Most of there cars have low milage and are willing to dig out the auction reports if decide to buy one. All help much apreciated. cheers guys :kiss:

·
North Scotland R.O
13,410 Posts
Hi mate i asked the same question a few weeks backhere

didnt get much replys so dont know if that was good or bad :confused:

if i had mentioned keighly trade centre it would have been a different story :eek:

steven :coolsm:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi mate,

I did mention these in a thread about servicing that I started & these guys came up...

They were my first port of call when I started looking at Evo's 6-8 weeks ago... mainly because they're close to me & had a bloody good selection.

Initially I was looking at a white IV that had loadsa history (import docs, service history, receipts etc) but shortly before going to see it they'd dropped the price of a black IV & a red IV, so ended up looking at those too. Also went out in the yellow V.

Couldn't fault the salesman for his knowledge however the attention to detail on the cars wasn't good. I could be well off the mark here but it *looks* like most of them (the white IV excluded) are straight out of the auctions rather than having previous UK owners or being specific imports... Not the end of the world but having read the buyer's guide I personally wanted something that had at least some history/receipts. The majority of the ones I looked at also didn't have any form of alarm or immobiliser. Once I started adding up the cost of a Cat1 device (plus tax + warantty) then my budget was looking a bit sick. The white IV (they'd stickered it up with 'drive me for £65 / week' or something similar - some kind of finance deal when I saw it ) was a different matter, it was much nicer, had plenty of history, and had a cat1 fitted.

Another thing that put me off was the attention to detail.... It might be my [email protected] retentive ways but if I was selling cars like this I'd want them to be 'ready to run' on the forecourt..... ALL of the cars I went out in had bugger all petrol - thankfully there's a Total garage next door - so each car had to have a fivers worth of juice just to get it through the test drive, and the red IV was running on 3 cyllinders when it came on boost. Also had the SRS warning light lit up & a one of the rear leccy windows wasn't happening. When I pointed out the faults (SRS did concern me) I was assured everything would be sorted if I wanted the car. Surely it should have been sorted before anyone was going to testdrive it?....

The final nail in the coffin was the fact that there was no warm up time in the testdrive before the cars were nailed. We probably drove a couple of hundred yards before the salesman was giving it some serious welly. Combine this with the fact the fuel light was on (so goodness knows what crap was being sucked up from the tank) & I was totally put off :(

Just my personal experience but hopefully useful :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It was me and Bec (bexta) that went to look at there cars and all of which you have put above is spot on! ;) The cars are direct from Japan, the salesman said that they fully valet it and sort the cars out when someone has bought it and yes he nailed the car after a one minute warm up :( but, must admit that the 5 that i went out in had no problems at all with it and drove a peach. Mind you the petrol part is also concerning, not just about running till empty but the fact that he puts 'Total' fuel in his cars! :( not good!
Anyone else?

·
Registered
402 Posts
BEXTA REALLY HOPE I'm not replying too late stay away from this company at all costs. Had very very bad dealings with this company, they know absolute f*ck all about cars believe me including their mechanics especially their top mechanic, being a technician myself having these [email protected] trying to pull the wool over my eyes was almost laughable but not giving how much money was involved, to detail all the invovement I had with this company would take far too long so I'll briefly mention a couple> COURTESY CARS WITH ILLEGAL TYRES AND NO ROAD TAX, TELLING CUSTOMERS TO GET THE F*CK OFF THEIR FORECOURT AND YOU'RE NOT GETTING YOU'RE FU*CKING MONEY BACK, SWAPPING A BAD ENGINE FROM ONE CAR AND PUTTING A HIGHER MILEAGE ENGINE WITH KNOCKING BIG ENDS IN FROM ANOTHER CAR AND SAYING THE KNOCKING IS JUST STANDARD BOXER ENGINE NOISE YEAH RIGHT. PICKING UP CARS THAT HAVE BEEN "EXPERTLY" PDI'D AND FINDING AN EMPTY WASHER BOTTLE, I/C WATER SPRAY BOTTLE CAP MISSING AND THA AIR BOX AS LOOSE AS ADICK IN ATOP HAT, BELOW MIN G/BOX OIL LEVEL, ASKING FOR THE OIL TO BE CHANGED ONLY TO CHECK IT AND BEING QUARTER WAY UP THE DIPSTICK AND AS BLACK AS THE SKY AT NIGHT. FU*CK IT I'm getting bored now anyway you get the gist of what I'm saying, looks nice all the flash cars and all the salesman in tidy suits, don't be fooled like I was STAY AWAY. THE END

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
there not far from me and i know a few people that work there cars r way over priced etc.. ive not had any bad delaings with them but i do knw a few thing about the way they work and its not all good..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts