Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im thinking of a change of car. I have the Evo for 2 years now, Im looking to downsize a little bit. I was thinking of a Mk5 Golf Gti or mabey an Audi A3 FSI Sline 2.0T .
Does anyone here have or is after having one. What are they like to drive/run?. I appreciate that I will be dropping a lot of power and going back to a FWD but at the moment Im looking for something a little more economical.

Any comments and advice is welcome.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
mate of mine had an A3 in the same spec as you state and had no end of problems with it (07 plate). may have been a one off though, cant comment on them other than what i know of his car :smthumbup

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply,
I would have thought being German that these would be fairly bullet proof.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Get a Starlet turbo, I still really miss mine. I was running 200 bhp and it weighs 820 kgs. I had it for 8.5 years and 100000 miles and it never put a foot wrong, plus when I fitted the Blitz ecu I was getting 225 miles out of £30.

It's the best car I've ever owned by miles and I still regret getting rid of it :-(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a GLanza Turbo a few years ago, cracking car. I absolutely loved it. I found out recently that some prat had bought it and wrote if off acting the clown. I was gutted when I heard it. They are a quick car for what they are, seats are crap though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts