Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst deep in slumberland at 2am this morning someone tried our front door setting off the alarm. They didn't actually get in as they buggered off when the alarm started. However, my better half contacted the police.

Having a chat with the local copper at 4am. He advised me that our local friends in Gipton (Leeds suburb) have put out a contract (for want of a better word) worth £700 to steal an Evo to order. They have known about this for over a month. Bloody nice of them to inform all Evo owners in the inner Leeds area, all 4 of us apparently. If they hadn't been last night I would have been none the wiser.

How bloody hard is it for the police to check with the DVLA to find out who owns the cars and warn them to be more vigilant. No wonder car crime is so bloody high in this country when the polce cannot be arsed to do anything about it when they know there is a threat!!!

The police were probably more concerened with watching for Evo owners doing 31mph in the 30 limit than stopping thieves in the area who happen to be drug dealers and shootong each other and innocent bystanders!!! At keast we know where their priotities lie, someone has to pay for their Christmas Ball!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That makes for disturbing reading.

My Evo 6 TME should be delivered in the next couple of weeks. As I don't have a garage I'm starting to panic here :(

I'm more worried about damage then having it stolen though. I'm normally up till about 4am or so most mornings and so would hear anything such as the engine starting but what I wouldn;t hear is some knobber pouring a bottle of paint stripper or whatever over it :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cookie

I wouldn't worry too much, I have left my car all over the place in Leeds and London and never had any problem at all. People tend to admire it more than have any intent to damage it.

The main issue is for them being stolen rather than malicious damage so stick a decent alarm/immobiliser in it and a tracking device.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
christ i didnt think these where in the pinch to order league, not pleasent reading that one.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I wouldn't worry ,the car will go if it is seriously wanted ,so don't loose sleep over it .
The maicious damage is more worrying ,usually the keying or nail down the side wories me .some jelious sod youv'e just gave a caneing to around the roads.
I had my car out side for 3 years and not a bit off damage ,and we had travellers pitch camp on some common land just away from my old house .they set fire to wrecks and hammer the cars sledges.not a scratch on my car.
But it the shits on the drugs that are the main problem .
What would bother me more is the fks trying to get into my house not stealing the car.but obviously after the keys.
Get your self a high calibre air gun.you won't kill them but it'll certainly sting if you catch them at it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adamski,
Used 2 live nr Leeds , in Sherburn-in-Elmet , how close r u 2 Gipton , not 2 close I hope , rough as hell as I remember it.

Police r a waste of skin , even if they cud b bothered 2 catch the excrement stains , they wud get off on a technicality due 2 Police incompetance.

I've installed PIR triggered miniature cameras 2 survey my parking area's , so any theft or attempt will b recorded on video , and if I happen 2 b around when they try , I will introduce them 2 my friend , Mr baseball bat.....after turning off the cameras ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i installed cameras after we had bikes stolen,
3 months later ,we had a nice film of the evo being stolen!
and yes they broke in the house for the keys,
this happened copycat to a 911 owning mate recently
stolen to ordera car is a lump of metal,but having your house broken into by smackheads is the not so nice bit
a tracker brochure recently stated that the highest proportion of thefts are now by this method

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They did that to friends as well, broke into the house, sprayed the people in there with gas so they would be forced to sleep, stole the Porsche and the M3, the jewels, the silver forks and knives etc.
What they do to prevent it from happening now is connect the alarm system to a security company who will come and look what's going on. Two options: alarm going off or alarm quiet so they will catch them in your house. Security guys here are HUGE skinhead type guys who will shoot first and ask questions later. Kind of scary as well...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ####in police are a waste of ####in time. 4 guys try to jack my evo7 of me about 5 weeks at about 8.00pm, only had the eves about a month before the incident. luckily i escaped by having a little tussle with them. The pricks try to rake a broken glass bottle at my eyes but instead they got me arm open as i put my arm in front of my eyes, after this they run off. One of the shop owners where the incident happened called the cops but the cops turned up half a hour later while i was the hospital having stitches. They took a report of me and did nothing. Best thing about it i took my car down the cop shop 4 them to take finger prints as the car was black the finger prints were
visible. The pigs replied there is nothing we can do. The thieving gits once more get away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ####in police are a waste of ####in time. 4 guys try to jack my evo7 of me about 5 weeks at about 8.00pm, only had the eves about a month before the incident. luckily i escaped by having a little tussle with them. The pricks try to rake a broken glass bottle at my eyes but instead they got me arm open as i put my arm in front of my eyes, after this they run off. One of the shop owners where the incident happened called the cops but the cops turned up half a hour later while i was the hospital having stitches. They took a report of me and did nothing. Best thing about it i took my car down the cop shop 4 them to take finger prints as the car was black the finger prints were
visible. The pigs replied there is nothing we can do. The thieving gits once more get away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, police are useless, but I think it's not really their fault. If you think about how much a policeman gets paid, you'll realise that the job ain't attracting the most gifted individuals on the planet. Most kind of logical thinking is beyond these poor sods...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cops may be part of the problem but its the judicial system that is more to blame by letting the thieving little bstd joyriders and nick to order gits off when the cops DO nick them. It must be very frustrating for the cops also.
I'm sure we've all seen the police camera action progs on the telly where various wnkrs nick and thrash cars and generally endanger life. Some get caught and end up being let off or given a slapped wrist or some other rubbish little penalty. ooh maybe a fortnight inside will sort them out!. GET SERIOUS. We need to bang them up long time, preferably with some nasty large geezers who fancy a bit of joyrider riding fun!

This is not down to the police but the government etc to get tougher on the ones who do get nicked. Making the punishments harder and harder is the only way to control this in my opinion, otherwise we will end up going down the American route where people start getting guns to use on any scumbags breaking into their house, or trying to carjack their car. Which seems fair enough to me, but then the cons will also get guns and we have a major problem then!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adamski

Which EVO are you? I'm the Black E6 (number plate removed at request of poster, HH6, 25/9/01), Rodley area.

It's worrying there's a contract out. I'm always careful to see who's following me, just in case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is really scary, but I am grateful for the shared experiences/opinions, has made me seriously think about it.

I just hope none of you have a contract on your cars, or get hurt by these T##**~s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quite right MichaelK,
Don't post your number plate or location details on here, you might as well put up a big sign saying where you live!
If anybody has mistakenly put their car details on the forum and wants them removed then contact me or any one of the moderators and will be only too willing to edit them out.

Consider immobolising your car completely if left for a long time in a vulnerable area. With old motors this was easy, just pop the bonnet and whip out the rotor arm from the distributer. Any suggestions for completely immobolising an Evo? How about whipping out the Fuel pump relay? Bit of a bugger to remove easily though. Any more ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Someone phoned me up about 4 months ago wanted to talk about my car, slighly freaked me out. I think he got my name from my e-mail address and some how got my home phone number. Not really sure how it did it as I carnt remeber giving my number to site, but I did to the club.
Anway the bloke who phoned wanted my opions on my car as he had had his a weeks and wanted to get rid of ti not really what he expected were his words, so didnt have much say to say to him. Still freaked me but nothing happened.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will giving a UK number plate enable people to find out who owns it and the address etc? I know in some countries this is possible (Finland for instance). Kinda unreassuring to know that the thief can just call up a 900 no and give the plate and they tell him your name, job, address etc! It's not possible in Monaco or France (they would probably start another Révolution ;))

1 - 20 of 32 Posts