Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been away all week and gets back to my car at Birmingham Airport tonight to find an attempted nicking of my 7.
Smashed nearside rear-quarter, smashed alarm siren under bonnet, alarm/immobaliser no-longer working, cannot start car, at least it was still there! Scum-bags also tried to nick a Subaru at same time probably police think by ram-raiders.
Any-one know price and amp; availability on replacement glass and can the alarm be fixed or will it need replacing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low life pieces of sh*t !!

Makes you want to peel their skin from their bodies and role them in salt !!

Must go, need to take my medication !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad luck mate........they are the lowest form of life who feed off other peoples hard work!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for all the messages of sympathy.

PLEASE BE WARNED!
The security at Birmingham Airport sucks. Went back to retrieve my car today and I saw 3 other hapless victims with broken glass.
Leave your vehicle there at your own peril, I know I won't again.

This whole episode has left my very disallusioned about owning a performance car so I think I might sell-up and get something more mundane and safer(?) like a Punto!

Any interested parties let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ballistic,

I know what you mean, I get paranoid about my baby no matter where I've parked it... and at the end of the day, if you don't want the hassle and worry, a less conspicuous car is probably the best bet.

However, think long and hard about it, because IMO if you sell up and get another car *just* because of theiving gets, you'll probably end up regretting it later. For me, the joys of owning and driving the Evo outweigh the hassles and worry of leaving it parked up, and if (when?) some toerag takes a shine to it they'll have the security to get past anyway, and if they do it right outside my house that's their own problem.

Decide what's best for you, but don't let *them* dictate what car you should be driving...

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Original Post:

This whole episode has left my very disallusioned about owning a performance car so I think I might sell-up and get something more mundane and safer(?) like a Punto!
U cud adopt an alternative solution , buy a cheap daily user. Price choice is yours , I have a 500 quid Citroen and don't give 1 wot happens 2 it , funny thing is nothing ever has happened 2 it ! This is a very liberating experience and makes a car like the Evo even more special when u do use it. The reduction in risk factor is enormous and u don't even have 2 insure it if u have a policy on yr Evo , basically u don't own the daily driver on paper so yr comp Evo policy covers u TP . I gave up the cycle of new car every 2-3 years ages ago and the saving on depreciation and running cost's is staggering , if yr ego can stand it , this is the way 2 go . The money saved can easily pay 4 loads of tuning and mods and there is a huge reduction in deterioration.

BTW , Brum airport is infamous 4 car theft and vandalism , I wouldn't leave a good car there 4 more than 30 mins let alone days.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evoboy

An interesting concept, I'll give it some thought.

BTW I rang the Airport Police up today to complain about the level of break-ins I had personally observed and the guy agreed with me, said he wouldn't leave his car there and would use Air Parks down the road instead!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts