Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the mods I am putting into my Evo 3 in the next 3 weeks but I have not sorted an ECU yet but searching today it seems as if finding a remappable ECU for an Evo 3 is damn near impossible :( Take a look at my mods and let me know what ECU options I have and where I can find some remappable ones and prices fo them. Thanks...

AFPR
Apexi SAFC2
Downpipe
Test Pipe (De-cat)
Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump
Cometic Metal Head Gasket
Eagle Rods
Ross Pistons (8:5:1)
ARP Bolts
Unorthodox Racing Pulley Kit
HKS Cams 272 Camshafts
Manley Valves
Crower Springs And Retainers
AEM Cam Gears
Greddy Oil Catch-Can
G-Tech Permormance Metre - Already Installed
Arospeed Ground Wires - Aleady Installed
750 cc RC Injectors
Garret GT30R Turbo
Tubular Turbo Manifold
External Tial Wastegate

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
All sounds good to me.... Ecu is most important thing if you want big power...and Autronics is the answer....PM MAdevelopments im sure he would be happy to fly out there and fit one for you :)

Ian

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I'll send PM and let you know what happens. Are you familiar with Haltech Stand Alone's? Would this be a possible option in this case because I think this might be cheaper/easier to get as it is out of the U.S.??

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
No worries :) .....yes the Haltech and the AEMS are both very good systems...but remember any ecu is only as good as its mapper....have you anyone out there who can map ?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I think I'm going to go with either the Haltech E6K or the newer E11 one whichever is better for my budget. As for mapping, we have a great mapper down here but if not there is a guy I know fromt the U.S. that I can fly down to fully tune it for me :cool: If these mappers don't come out, is there anyone on here that's outstanding at mapping that wants to spend a weekend in the sun?? :D Oh yeah Tyrant, if I get the Haltech unit, can I just skip getting the SAFC2 as this will just be an unnecesary item if I'm getting the Haltech which controls all fuel and ignition aspects and air/fuel mixtures??

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
if ur willing to fly someone out then ask the dentist on here to come out as he seems top guy by all reports and will map most ecu's unlike alot of UK tuners

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ash, what's the Dentist's username and how's your build coming along because it's looking awesome man?? And Ian good one, lol, just learn to map and get some good credentials and ur on the beach in no time! :D Well I'll return my SAFC2 and use the money towards the standalone, itching towards the Haltech E11 or....AEM EMS since it can be bought from the U.S. which would save me alot. If I'm getting the AEM EMS it would have to be for the 2G Eclipse right to work on my car as I am checking on it now?

Leon

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i will be in the cayman's in july, around the 10th for 7-10days. i go there every year almost as one of my best friends lives there now, he is also a dentist ;)

i can look at your car if you want while i am there :D

sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts