Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy fella's & fella'ettes,
...thought this small path of knowledge would help and/or encourage some fellow 260 owners out there...

1. I Bought a 260, it was :D :p but not :eek: enough for me...
2. Put a HKS replacement filter and a Pringle De-cat into the mix and was surprised how far such a small outlay got me (yellow bar on graphs) - hey :crackup: hey :crackup: ... for a while it was a pleasent change but soon I became :rolleyes: and realised i had to spend some hardly-earned to get a useable increase in performance :(

...this is where it all goes :eek: for the right reasons - I wanted more performance but I use the car everyday, economy isn't a factor (or I wouldn't have bought this car) but it has to be considered... ;)

3. I went to :D WRC-Tech :D - superlative's are pointless if you know these guy's, if you don't know them then take my advice try and get to know them :beerchug: or do the honourable thing and fall on your cash-dagger :ninja: elsewhere...

...Anyway ALan, Chris and Jamie at WRC-Tech are top guy's with a passion for what they're doing (as well as a passion for chicks, crazy Ausi V8's, drifting, NOT sleeping etc) and they fitted an APS cold-air'd, reservoir'd & ECUTEK'd me on top of my PRINGLE De-Cat - How fast did I think I was then :mockery: :utahere: :rucrazy:

...where's the smilling face which represents 'a pig in ****'???

4. after a few sleeplest nights I couldn't believe there was still more to be had, of course I've been in faster cars but I was surprised that Mitsi had peg'd the 260 back so much... I had to do the 3" exhaust :D and see how much more :eek: it could get... So a quick trip and plastic melting session later and there was an APS 3" full exhaust with Sports-Cat (see red bar - run-in tune for Sports-Cat) :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: ...the cost is completely negated by the calm that befalls this kind of performance... :coolsm:

5. FINAL-TUNE (see black bar of on graphs)... sod telling you what it's like, my command of english isn't complementry enough... ;) ...the thing leaps and devours, know what I'm saying :angel:

Although my better half did ask a fantastic question yesterday;
"so you've got loads more power but you get more miles out of a tank full..? i don't understand",
...this question was prompted by our trip to JAPfest where i returned 260 miles (normally 220) round-trip with some (some? quite a few ;) ) :eek: :D moments - ain't life great?!? :coolsm:

thanks WRC-Tech, 336BHP & 336Lbft with a Sports-Cat is worry free motoring that only true Pimp's deserve, thanks again... :coolsm:

danny.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good looking results - you don't work for my credit card company do you, you're encouraging me to spend more on it! :D

Anyway I think you've answered one question I had, I wondered whether it was possible to Ecutek map it with the main cat removed (but still the down-pipe cat in place) and get the emissions sorted sufficiently to be ok. I guess you going for the sports cat mean this is the only route.

I've got until the end of the week to resist the force of the WRC Ecutek group buy....

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...wo there horsey (Lucky), you don't have to have the APS De-Cat for the 260 to function problem free - I just wanted to test Chris at WRC-Tech to the max - he won i lost (well I won really the car is beyond-beyond)...

If you go to WRC-Tech you can have a De-Cat'd APS 3" or 3.5" with no worries - if you're feeling legal (and have a few more redies) then get the Cat, the sound is unique on full chat and evil'y subtle at normal pace (motorway speeds, 3.5k rpm at 80 it's barely noticable)...

With the first Cat still in place the emissions were safe (if warm) but it's the real blockage in the system (check the graphs) - you can still be ECUTEK'd with it in place and the result is fan-bloody-tastic... I have a Nurbergring trip coming up so I went the whole hog, what can i say, i don't wait...

Call the chaps and lube-up your inflexible friend... :D
danny.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Danny your threads are never boring :p

u do waffle on tho :crackup:

Good to hear more positive feedback on WRC.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Nice graphs,, tells me though, have you come up against other cars ie evo's scoobies and how does your new improved power compare? ;)

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry...

...ah, come on Sim you can't knock a happy-chappy ;)

cheers Kyl, I would've bought a real one like your's but couldn't quite stump at the time - it's all good now though...

an' Scrappy, you ****'in me? - only 1 thing would happen if it was driven hard (off a track); somebody else trying too hard to prove a point would step off the planet... may sound dull, but full-on 2-way road weaving sessions are best kept for the Ring... i'm going there 1st week of July.

:eek: :D ... all the way home tonight then...

cheers,
danny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts