Lancer Register Forum banner

The Rarest Tommi Makinen Edition all prodact Vin numbers

59K views 137 replies 35 participants last post by  gstefanos 
Maybe not relevant,some info from the tme workshop manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willox - on the first page there are the 2 TME models, RS and RS2. So a standard TME - does that come under the GSR table? The book only lists RS models as TME? Dont quite understand what a non RS TME is referred to? Thanks.

I honestly don't know or haven't looked into it,just sharing what I've got in a manual:handsup:

Got enough to do with my 6,it's got 99 problems but scp ain't one:mhihi:

Sorry can't answer your question :smthumbup
No problem, you can see the confusion though- the TME is listed as RS models. I thought the TME sub model was GSR, but that doesn't work according to the tables in the manual.

Maybe someone else knows.

Btw is the manual UK, Aus or??

The Europian TME are only RS and RS2 (LHD and RHD and 4 colors A69H-R71J-W83G-X08H)the same the brochure and the owner manual have information only from them.

The Australian TME are only RS2 only RHD and 4 colors A69H-R71J-W83G-X08H the same the brochure and the owner manual have information only from them.

The Japan-Uk TME are only GSR and RS only RHD and 5 colors A69H-R71J-W83G-X08H-D85H the same the brochure and the owner manual have information only from them.

There for you can identify the brochure and the owner manual for wich market is referred to (japan/uk-europian-australian)
Excellent explanation thanks very much.

There's 89 different option codes. I have access to them but I need to look them up one at a time which will take at least a couple of hours, which I don't really want to spend time doing, sorry. If you want to do it let me know and I'll show you what to do. If you do it I could also update it on the page for all cars and give you credit.
I'll give that a go can you PM me and I'll crack into it [emoji108]

Hello gstefanos.

have you got a list of the option code and can you post it ?

(or too much work on this stuff to make it public?)

Best regards

Bastien
That's my fault, I have been wanting to help out with the option codes but had quite a bad accident - broke my back -but still upright. Anyway I'm going to help the OP as soon as I can. (That's if the forum survives it's slow network connection!). Thanks .

1 of 145 is really rare makes the scp cars almost common :lol:
Also if you read the stats, by colour (regardless of decals) for JDM cars, it seems from rarest to most 'common' it goes:

Black (Lowest production numbers)
Silver
Blue
Red (all red cars)
White (Highest production numbers)

Those are quite interesting numbers! I stand to be corrected, but it's great to see all this information. Huge kudos to the guys that put this together .

Wizzbang why would the op fill in the sequence of chassis numbers for red Maks ive never heard anythink so stupid, and why would he do this for what reason it's no advantage to him.
The guy that put this together - over 18 months of work - for the benefit of this community, deserves some thanks and applause. There will always be data that can't be irrefutably confirmed.

Even if Mitsubishi put out production numbers, how do you actually confirm all their data is 100% accurate and free of errors.

Some long time members here who bag this guys efforts and the discussion around it, should check their gold card rights. There is also a deafening silence from some previous commentators.

It's a robust discussion had by people who are interested in these things.

And finally - black really is the new red! [emoji13]

Mr Ralliart explained how he spent many hours in the Mitsubishi archive with Mitsubishi's help and blessing. He was ridiculed on his thread. And frankly took a mauling. But someone rocks up with some data with no provinance..... He's a hero.:wallbang:

Yes. People who were very vocal are now silent. The same can be said of the OP. He has explained how difficult and time consuming pulling the data together was. But is silent about it's origins.

As you say data from any manufacturer can and probably will have its errors/limitations. As I explained in the previous thread. A manufacturer will block out a range of chassis numbers for a particular model and colour. Many blocks then make up the production run for that model for that week. This information is then used to put together the parts catalogues for the garages and parts dealers. But part of the production run could be cancelled due to a parts shortage. The catalogue will not be changed as phantom chassis numbers will not stop the catalogue identifying parts for a chassis that was built.

So the question of province is important. Was this data pulled from a parts database? If so it may not be representative of what actually left the factory.
I agree on provenance and the work by other members eg Mr Rallart. Even if every owner confirmed that their car was on this new database, how would you confirm they're telling the truth.

It's still good to have people interested enough to do all this. Also it will be interesting to see what prices do across the Maks and various compute. No wallbang required.

When I bought my first TME I was listening and I thought the total output is 2500 (500 cars in each color). This is a Myth. Each month discovering new differences among these cars. So I have been working over two and a half years to find all the differences, how different they exist and a year and a half for how much they have been built. So this year I ended up on this list and I think I know a lot for these cars And the differences between them And for many other things which I can not write on the list. For European models (JMYSNCP9AYU00xxxx) the information comes from other databases and Mitsubishi database, for Japanese models (CP9A-020xxxx) It's impossible for me to cross into Mitsubishi databases. There is no case to exist vin number without an existing car (Discussions that are made around this topic It's probably made by people who do not like the specifics ...) Has never managed to collect all this information together and For the first time in 20 years, we have an Integrated list of information about our favorite TME. It is a great tool for Quick Search
I would say that many many TME owners appreciate your huge efforts on this. I can understand why some members may either not like the information you've provided, or query the source (a legitimate ask I'd say).

However it seems this shines a totally different light on the cars production numbers, colours etc and brings together a huge amount of information in the one spreadsheet.

I would ignore comments about this information not making a difference- of course it makes a difference. It would be great to somehow ratify each owner to car. Something to think about.

Once again a BIG thanks for all your efforts.

I could write to you for months full of information, for a lot of but many things that could help You recognize the authenticity but if the car is complete with genuine spare parts and correct codes because unfortunately the data on the internet But also on many delegations are very poor and do not help someone build and complete such a car. More information published on the web is not complete. I am a fan of TME since 2000 and I managed to get both European models TM RS LHD and TME RS2 LHD original and 100% stock. My problem is that I do not know English very well and I have difficulty translating and writing a text. My Knowledge is useful to you
OP thanks for your replies . Your English is better than my Greek! It seems that people are piecing together a lot of information from all over the place. It at least gives more data than what we had previously. So thanks for putting in the work [emoji108]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.