Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after seeing Phils thread of any builds going on over winter, thought id put together a little timeline of the evolution of my 6
All starter in 2013 when i purchased after selling my rx7 and needing something a little more 'sensible'

All started with a fairly stock looking 6. low mileage forged engine, intercooler, 3 inch system, walbro 255 and exe-tc coilovers.

Decided to make use of said forged engine so bought lots of go faster parts

Did a build :D

Did a dyno :D

Made some reasonable pub figures :smthumbup
(cant find dyno graph at moment!) But 550hp/440 ftlb at 1.8 bar

Bought some parts to make me slow down again

Did a brake :wallbang: :blah:

So thats where the piston went :goingmad:

Bought more shiny parts :thumbup::thumbup:

Did a build :D

Did a dyno :D

Made some better pub figures :smthumbup

Did a brake :wallbang: :blah:

Got a guy called Clive...? To do a fix :naughty:

Did a wrap :D

Then finally got round to some proper use at a couple of track days. Rockingham and Snetterton. At this point I realised I needed some better tyres, decent geometry set up and to swallow a bit of 'man pride' and get some tuition.

Did a test fit #becasueracecar but decided to stay OEM

Bought some scaffolding :eek::naughty:

So that's about where im at now. over winter i need to get the cage base plates welded in, investigate an odd whine (and no its not a female passenger or similar :lol: ) tidy up some of the underside and fit my second bucket seat. Then back out next year for track days and the like. Fancy a round of the MLRSS but not convinced yet!
Most of the major surgery has been done. Will try and keep it updated with what develops further!

Registered
Liking the comedy side to this build. Made me laugh anyway. Good lad 馃槅

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Gonna keep an eye on this one! lmao

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents! Thought I'd keep it light hearted.
Spec list so far

2.3 stroker
4g64 crank
86mm wiseco 1400hd pistons
Madley 150mm I beam rods
Acl bearings throughout
Keltford 272 and beehive springs
Stage 1 ported and polished head
Race developments stage 1 inlet
Bosch 1000cc injectors
Walbro 450 in tank pump
Sard fpr

Norris designs T3 manifold
Gt3076
Precision wastegate
Hks high power silent exhaust
Ctec silenced decat

Custom boost pipes with tial bov
Autobahn intercooler

Ksport 330mm front brakes. Pagid rs3 pads
Stock rear brembo

Exe tc competition suspension
Cusco rear arb
Polybushed rear end

RS Diff
Clive W gearbox with all the goodies
Stock transfer box

Safety devices full cage with x bars
Sparco sprint fixed seats
Trs clubman harnesses
Omp wrc wheel

That's the important bits I can remember! Looking forward to getting her back out next year

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work! What caused the piston damage/failure?
A combination of full race car and being a bit of a bell end! Wont divulge in to too much detail on the open interwebs!

Your car is a monster smithy, it keeps me thinking about 5858s!! cracking build of yours.

Premium Member
A combination of full race car and being a bit of a bell end! Wont divulge in to too much detail on the open interwebs!

Your car is a monster smithy, it keeps me thinking about 5858s!! cracking build of yours.
Thanks Adam! Well at least you have it where you want it now!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great read bud, liking the humour too :)

No need to worry about man pride with tuition, totally worth it and means you will get more out of your car. Money very well spent IMO
my exact thinking. its the first car ive used on track so feel i have thrown myself right in at the deep end. the bug has well and truely got me. dont need any more power, just need to learn how to harness it properly and become quicker!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
another little update from the winter fiddling!

Bought some bush for the rear end as some were looking a little tired.
Found some crack to go with the bush :eek:

so a new arm was replaced and fitted. All good. also cured a knock that seemed to have materialised last summer. so guessing thats when it decided it no longer wanted to function properly!

Decided to become Picasso for the afternoon and gave the Diff a lick of paint while it was out. Anyone that wants portraits/animals or similar done, hit me up!

Fitted a baffled sump that id had sitting in the box since Xmas. Deiced i didnt like fitting it just once I would do it 3 times because the dam thing leaked from the flanges :blah:

Had a little tidy up in the arches etc and my rather sorry looking filler neck and guard were tidied up and given a coating of the black stuff. Hopefully be good for eternity

Dropped the car off to have the scaffolding fitted mentioned earlier in the thread. only to find out our good friend iron oxide had decided to take up residency in my footwell. out with the grinder!

Once done, scaffolding was fitted and a rather tidy job done. Cheap plug for Hard knocks speed shop :smthumbup

Then decided i needed to go a bit more 'full race car' so though i would give SVA a run in the aero department.
Cue splitter fitting

Then after all this, was at Japfest yesterday and got the old girl out on the track for a shakedown. Nothing broke/fell off and no new funny noises materialised!

Future plans include trying not to break anything else! A slight whine has been about which i need to investigate further. But now time to enjoy it and get some track days under my belt

Premium Member
Track days are that I own the car for :). Change your fluids often, make sure you do slow warm up laps and then cool down laps and she will purr for you like a kitten :).

Premium Member
Best of luck! Too much fun here! Lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts