Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brembo has developped new grooved discs for the Evo 5/6/7 because there were a lot of complaints.
Delivery just started here in the Netherlands.
Yesterday I had them fitted together with the recommended Ferodo DS 4300 brake pads.
My first impression is that the bite is better, it's too short to give a thorough conclusion.
Now I have to wait and see/feel what they do on a track, because on a track at high speed the standard system starts to shake en rattle.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How much are they? Who recommended these pads?
I hope that this new disks finally works.
Bye

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brembo themselve recommend DS4300 pads.
I paid 450 GBP incl. VAT
And the good thing: WITH guarantee, so if the trembling starts again: new discs!
A big hurray for my local dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are these discs bell mounted? If not you surely will run into problems later on!
Hence why AP make theres bell mounted!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
same sort of price as ctf and godspeed disks. As alerady said if they are not 2 piece then they will probably warp. Would hope they were for that sort of price though.

keep us posted as to how they go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GrijzeRemmel,

Now you have had these new discs on for a while.... how are they holding up... can you give us a quick review of whether they have solved the problem and also how much usage and abusage you have been giving them....

Would be interested to see any reports on these discs

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully this will mean that I won't need to fork out on the AP Racing Kit @ £1800 odd quid, I'll keep watching this thread 'cos I getting really fed up of warped disks and lack of support from CCC.

Brett

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last wednesday I spent 2 hours almost non-stop driving on the racecircuit in Zolder (Belgium).
In the first 2 rounds there was a little trembling warming up the discs, but after that no problem at all.
No fading, no trembling, no warping.
I could brake later than the 911's and Elise's.
Just great, my co-pilots (and I) were astonished with this result.
The discs have changed a bit of colour though, a bit blue/grey, but I can recommend them that's for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.