Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christ! for some reason or another I ended up taking the Missis Mini into town yesterday afternoon.

Yes, I felt like a right shirt lifter driving it - and what an odd experience it was!

Firstly, other road users are polite to you, and let you out at junctions etc.

Secondly (and this is the weird bit), grown up blokes in other Mini's were flashing me and giving me the 'Mini Wave' as I passed them on the roads.....it all felt a bit gay to me!

Give me the contempt expressed by other road users towards my Cayenne Turbo any day! LOL

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Did they wink at you as well? They probably WERE shirtlifters,and wanted some back-door action with a fellow mini owner

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
blakmak said:
Did they wink at you as well? They probably WERE shirtlifters,and wanted some back-door action with a fellow mini owner
You can't argue with that, he knows all the antics of shirt lifters ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I drive the mini from time to time and often get the mini wave - but it's usually from some nice young blond lass :D You must be doing something wrong mate ;)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
I reckon it had nothing to do with the car, Mosi. They all recognised you :crackup:

Steve

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That must be it then!

My boyish good looks were being appreciated by the local bottyboys as they cruised around town looking for other young likeminded men.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Mosi said:
Mini's were flashing me and giving me the 'Mini Wave'

Is that thumb and index finger touching with the other 3 fingers parallel to the index finger, then the wave is the said combination moving up and down?

;)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
I've heard that Mini's actually handle pretty well, confirm / deny?
A friend has a tweaked cooper S and its actually pretty awesome to drive!

·
Registered
976 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
I can confirm that they are a hoot to drive, totally agree with Mosi tho, cant help but feeling a bit :gay: driving it, especially as my sisters is that hideous light electric blue colour... :blah:

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NumptyScrub said:
Numpty, its a right hoot. Because they have a wheel essentially at each corner, they literally handle like go-carts. Not quick in a straight line, but because you can carry so much speed into a corner, you can literally slingshot them into and out of corners. Quite good fun really - but best done under the cover of darkness so no one can see you driving it!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Mosi said:
but best done under the cover of darkness so no one can see you driving it!
or a bag over yer head :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts