Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Terrifying.
Agreed

Sick of it already to be honest, feels like we only just had the last one :bored:
I think most people are, but I suspect this could be a very important selection for generations to come. Just glad its only a 6 week or so run up to the day

How many seats will Labour lose .
When will the 70s man fall on his sword .
listening to the tv, it feels Labour are back to old tricks, promising money everywhere, money we dont have, borrow and spend again, basically buying voters

But I think corbyn's intentions are genuine, his silence speaks volumes, I think he knows he cant offer the future he wants to offer, maybe a rare breed of an honest politician, but backed by a party that dont share his vision. Ultimately I think Labour cant, for a long time now, run their own party, never mind the country, or deal with the EU

Stu

·
Premium Member
10,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The way I see it is each time Labour get in they spend all the money and the Conservatives spend the next couple of terms paying it back .. Ad infinitum .
I'm not a fan of politicians but .... the next few years are critical with Brexit , I didn't like Cameron or Osborne I thought they were a pair of toff pr1 cks ..
May seems to have a bit of bollix about her, the Labour party don't seem to have a fking clue .

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
The way I see it is each time Labour get in they spend all the money and the Conservatives spend the next couple of terms paying it back .. Ad infinitum .
Pretty much my opinion of the 2 main parties for the last decade or so at least, labour bribe people to vote for them, offering short term gain, at the cost of the future generations. Conservatives run the country as a business, the books must balance, pain now for a better future

Stu

·
Premium Member
10,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty much my opinion of the 2 main parties for the last decade or so at least, labour bribe people to vote for them, offering short term gain, at the cost of the future generations. Conservatives run the country as a business, the books must balance, pain now for a better future

Stu
Labour tend to bribe doleys , oldies and public sector workers ... after all that is their main voting base . I dare not think what would happen if 70s man got in absolute catastrophe .

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Most people wont bother reading manifestos etc, but I would recommend taking this quiz as it only takes a couple of minutes.

This will tell you who which political party matches your views on various issues in order.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I think most people will be surprised where you come out

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Most people wont bother reading manifestos etc, but I would recommend taking this quiz as it only takes a couple of minutes.

This will tell you who which political party matches your views on various issues in order.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I think most people will be surprised where you come out
conservative and Ukip, labour got the lowest percentage for me

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
I voted conservative last time, but according to this I am 76% Liberal followed by Labour.

Must be going a bit soft
that link doesnt really take much economics into account, which along with Brexit, is the main voting area for a lot of people at the moment

In fairness, to put labour at the bottom for me is pretty accurate for the questions asked, to use the word used previously, the thought of labour getting back in power for me, is 'terrifying'

Stu

·
NR555
7,418 Posts
Went to votes at just after 7 and the ballot box was bulging. The woman was telling me that the turnout had been huge.

·
Premium Member
Evo8 260 2004
2,325 Posts
Agree with you there stu. The Torys have gone from a majority government to a non majority government what a fail. They called this election to strengthen there brexit hand, how on earth are they going to deal with that now.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts