Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Went to see the film last weekend, thought it was excellent, a few slightly worrying thoughts though!
a) the quater mile seemed very very very long!
b) how many guys/lasses do you count that give their car a good caning, screech to a halt and turn their engines straight off!
c) disintegrate a piston and liner with smoke billowing out, when the boys in blue turn up they get back into their car and drive the car to its max like theirs absolutely nothing wrong with it!
d) of all the cars that were racing, the SKYLINE took a back seat!!!!!
e) and finally the supra, over 500bhp good looking car, up for sale in all the car mags for 75,000$ after you saw what they did to that car, would you buy it??????

but i would add that Domonic was lush!
all in all the film was great fun for the car enthusiast, their was a nova gary boy driver sat behind me in the fliks, sounded like he needed some tissues by the end of the film he was so excited! Bless him!

Would like to know other peoples thoughts.

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the fact that the cars featured in F and amp;F weren't the road burners the film suggests, the green Eclipse for example had no end of styling enhancements and a 5 exhaust tip but the 4G63 was standard.

Went to see it last week but never quite made it to the cinema (long story). Will maybe go today/tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw it today and it was a good job my girl friend was driving, would have raced everything on the way home.
Your right fastchick these cars seemed to have super healing powers which HH6 would have loved having on his.
Great film dont see the logic though in making street racing cars with only front wheel drive, and why was their a VENTO in it, film lost a lot of cred for that, where was the skyline sorry but a WHITE VENTO, Amercians, nuff said. However while I was in the USA 4 months ago picked up some mags and I lot of the turbo kits for the honda's are only road legal in some states.
And another thing why park your car up in a place where in the cops wont see it then just go for a walk with the coppers driving past, want to see it again though.
The parts they showed in the film would give any tuner a hard on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw it today and it was a good job my girl friend was driving, would have raced everything on the way home.
Your right fastchick these cars seemed to have super healing powers which HH6 would have loved having on his.
Great film dont see the logic though in making street racing cars with only front wheel drive, and why was their a VENTO in it, film lost a lot of cred for that, where was the skyline sorry but a WHITE VENTO, Amercians, nuff said. However while I was in the USA 4 months ago picked up some mags and I lot of the turbo kits for the honda's are only road legal in some states.
And another thing why park your car up in a place where in the cops wont see it then just go for a walk with the coppers driving past, want to see it again though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the movie was very entertaining, but at the same time kind of dissappointing. the previews and all the hype made it seem as though it was a movie mostly about street racing; which it was to some extent. it was also very unrealistic but then again it is just a movie. funny thing what Silverrs II said about driving after the movie because just about every car (performance or not) was burning out and driving real hard when leaving the cinema. Evo4GirlRacer, they actually made 5 replicas of the Supra for the film so that the owners car would not be damaged when doing all those stunts. all the replicas were destroyed during filming.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the movie was very entertaining, but at the same time kind of dissappointing. the previews and all the hype made it seem as though it was a movie mostly about street racing; which it was to some extent. it was also very unrealistic but then again it is just a movie. funny thing what Silverrs II said about driving after the movie because just about every car (performance or not) was burning out and driving real hard when leaving the cinema. Evo4GirlRacer, they actually made 5 replicas of the Supra for the film so that the owners car would not be damaged when doing all those stunts. all the replicas were destroyed during filming.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw the movie on Saturday night,
Totally awesome ! need to see it again.... then buy the DVD, and amp; the soundtrack!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, there should be more of this kind of movies. Perhaps more emphasis on technicality than on love issues, gang fights, etc. If only that movie showed more on how drivers outdo each other by using different kind of mods for example. But then I guess too technical a movie would not sell:)

At least this movie does pump some adrenalin in some of us:):)
UK should produce a similar movie since motorsport in UK is far better than in US. That Ritchie guy, someone should go and talk to him!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
saw it last weekend thought it was superb!!!!!!!Thought about going to see it again last night but sleep got the better of me.
I have heard it is out on DVD in November for the US market so that is being bought.
Shame no Lancers were in it but the supra looked the dogs doodaas.
The girlies were bloody nice aswell especially the one that was in the Faculty.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Skyline was the angry dude's car, you see them looking under the bonnet at the first food counter scene ( Mr. Wizard, tell me whats going wrong or something similar).

Mmmmm... Skyline... (would've got one myself, but they're a tad expensive from Middlehurst)

As for the white Vento... hell, if it'll keep up with an S2000 they must have done something right... :) I am firmly of the opinion that a nice car is what you see in it. If that guy loves his white Vento, more power to him.

This from someone who thinks neons down the side skirts is tacky... :rolleyes:

The Scrub

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But a Vento, in White, ya a golf would have been good, 18 inch wheels, in black with a good body kit. Anyway everyone to their own

1 - 13 of 13 Posts