Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has put a deposit on a new mini,picking it up saturday,but she has a few concerns about the car which is putting her off,and she is a bit worried.
I went on a couple of mini owners sites and posted a few problems,saying at the end "please could you help me out as she is a bit down at the moment,any help greatly recieved,as i cant contact the dealer at the moment,thanks" 1 site...F*CK all,the other 1 reply which turned out to be crap.
I posted "come on people,help me out" then "i am in the mitsubishi evo owners club and when you have a problem,people help you out"
I had similar problems with a VW site.
I didnt realise other owners clubs were so **** and f*ck you off.

Or is it because this ones the best :D :D :D

Anyway i love you guys. :D :D :crackup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had same problems with Vauxhall club (cant remember what it's called but it's an obscure name). I asked a question about Omega MV6s and why they were so cheap. The thread was deleted immediately and some moderator emailed to say 'please dont post silly threads on this site' :confused: I emailed back asking what was wrong with it; no reply.

Laguna website didnt even bother responding when I couldnt post on there.

Citroen C2 site is great, though. All kids with good attitudes and friendly.

Having said that, this site can also seem unfriendly unless your a 'known name' or with the in-crowd :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Having said that, this site can also seem unfriendly unless your a 'known name' or with the in-crowd :eek:

VERY TRUE

While most people on here are freindly and helpful there are a small minority who if you dont agree with their opinion or say samething they dont like, you are a marked man/women and will have stupid comments or childish pms sent to you.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
bill t said:

VERY TRUE

While most people on here are freindly and helpful there are a small minority who if you dont agree with their opinion or say samething they dont like, you are a marked man/women and will have stupid comments or childish pms sent to you.
hi bill :D i think some of your comments warranted such relpies to be honest.

phil, if its anything like this site then nobody will answer as its been probably been done to death already. however i'd still reply with a proper answer if someone was stuck. i hate seeing this ''do a search'' in replies where that person probably knows the answer but just cant be @rsed to answer properly. the owners site is just what u want to make of it. if you all go to meets then you will ofcourse have a few ''in'' jokes that no-one else knows about.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
phil lloyd said:
So some of you think the mlr is a bit clicky then.?????
no its just that certain groups on here go about together meets.. etc. so they have their own talk and banter.

like me and cam 6 on here and some of the other guys ive met. some people dont know anything else bar where the oil and petrol goes and use this just for chatting to people they have made friends with

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Must say this is the best club going. Over the last month i have been more upset than at any other time in my whole life, and its the people here that have kept me going.

I really dont know how to thank them enough, they know who they are, i love you guys and thanks.

Rich.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
WULLIE said:
no its just that certain groups on here go about together meets.. etc. so they have their own talk and banter.

like me and cam 6 on here and some of the other guys ive met. some people dont know anything else bar where the oil and petrol goes and use this just for chatting to people they have made friends with
We all know about you & Steven mate :(

If you want to talk about it mate- you know where we are ;)

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
WULLIE said:

Agree 100%. People who talk about cliques should come to some events to see what Wullie means. A lot of people have made some good friends through the MLR, me included.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Evo Stuart said:
We all know about you & Steven mate :(

If you want to talk about it mate- you know where we are ;)
what... that we are the 2 alpha males of scottish evo owners and you 2 are a pair a puffs. you 2 are just jealous that white is the bast colour. :D .

i dont see any cliques on here jusr small groups of friends enjoying some ''In'' banter. that from the outside looks like they are a clique.

best thing to do is..

get yourself involved!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with alot that is said, i use to help run the peugeot gti club forums and that had more than its fair share of clicky groups etc.

Unfortunetly its the nature of forums, and the ones causing problems or being unhelpful tend to be the ones hiding behind a computer and not coming to meets etc.

Once i get my evo i'll be taking an active role within this club as so far i've received all the help i needed, even if its means going over questions that have been done to death...because unfortunetly search engines on forums are never ideal.

Pleasure to speak to you all and hope to get to know you all more when i finally get my motor (if and when!!!)

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
phil lloyd said:
My girlfriend has put a deposit on a new mini,picking it up saturday,but she has a few concerns about the car which is putting her off,and she is a bit worried.
So, what are the problems Phil? Someone might be able to help? Doubt it'll be one of the clique barstewards though..... :p ;) :D

Pete

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Phil if she`s not 100% on the mini tell her not to bother,theres plenty more around mate :D

I am not part of the IN crowd,everybody laughs at me :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: And i dont care :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :moon:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I may not manage to always keep a hold of my evo's but I love this club.
I've just put my MLR stickers on the RS !!

However i just had to ask a stupid question on the focus RS site as I couldn't find the air filter - it must be the only car that doesn't have it viewable from the engine bay - apparently you have to look under the near side front end to see it - they were very helpful in informing me of that. :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
:group: have to agree about the small groups of users on here but who cares, i'm on the mlr everyday and love it, if you dont get involved you never meet people and learn nothing, i knew nothing about evos but now i am slowly getting stuck in and digging deeper thanx to the guys on here, i must be a bit sad though cause i'm still typing at 12.22 :p i'm going to bed :D ...thanx again guys.........lee :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
lee Parker said:
:group: have to agree about the small groups of users on here but who cares, i'm on the mlr everyday and love it, if you dont get involved you never meet people and learn nothing, i knew nothing about evos but now i am slowly getting stuck in and digging deeper thanx to the guys on here, i must be a bit sad though cause i'm still typing at 12.22 :p i'm going to bed :D ...thanx again guys.........lee :)
I as a newish member to the club totaly agree Lee, that belongs is a higher level of membership.......As you mentioned if you aint here you will never be noticed i.e meets/events as such..........the elite of the MLR members has had many a evo in the past and been here for a long time, so i can understand the feelings they have........over the years they must have seen many a member come and go so thats totaly understandble........more organised meets i say in different parts of a area within their region of the country (sundays are a pearler) just to invite and encourage people on here to get involed in a great club.

Tony

1 - 20 of 29 Posts