Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
:eek: :eek:
wow...not nice to see...at least the fire crew managed to snuff it out quickly
- looks like it started behind the inlet manifold...spraying petrol under pressure

can sympathise as I've been in a similar situation on a major motorway....which got shut completely for about an hour
- If it wasn't for the quick thinking of a fellow motorist that forced me onto the hard shoulder and an Army fire crew that I'd just passed....probably would have cooked with the car

·
Registered
224 Posts
That doesnt look real to me, if they didnt stay and watch I'd swear they had nicked that and burnt it deliberately. It goes up like it has been doused with petrol inside and they just stand around filming and watching when its still small despite having an extinguisher.

That said, it scared me enough that I'm going to get a fire extinguisher tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
This was posted on the CTR forum a few days ago.... someone suggested it was an oil-in-the-turbo fire which would have needed a little more than a fire extinguisher to put out!!

Brought a lump to the throat, being an ex-Golf owner :cry:

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I always carry a fire extinguisher now, having had 2 very frightening experiences of smoke coming up from under the dashboard - You absolutely **** yourself!

Think of it this way, if a small flame developed you could probably deal with it with a small fire extinguisher - if you didn't have one then you get to stand back and watch your pride and joy go up in flames :(

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
clivew said:
Leaving the doors wide open probably made the fire intensity twice as bad.
That's true. When one of my old Minis caught fire I closed all the doors and it burnt itself out on its own. Pretty much gutted the interior but at least the car started and drove afterwards. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts