Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks santa for the PS2 with WRC and amp; GT3

Bum has now firmly taken root to the living room floor, this thing is an addiction! but a lot of fun too.

:) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know people have been slagging off the WRC game, but i think its the most addictive game out at the moment...

(just completed monaco and sweden....:))

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 10 year old has taste - PS2 with GT3, WRC and Santa brought him a Logitech GT3 Force Feedback Steering Wheel. You NEED the steering wheel!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the steering wheel a good job?

I would have thought the anologue controller would be a lot more responsive. My mate insists on using the arrows to steer but I say the small joystick is the trick :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep you are right John ;)
After years using steering wheels on various platforms then you soon come to the conclusion they are naff, force feedback or not. Sure they give a realistic feeling but they are slow. Opposite lock on the standard controller is just a matter of moving the joystick an inch or so with a steering wheel its more like a foot! I will say though the analogue accelerator and brake with steering wheels is an advantage, the likes of GT3 don't allow analogue throttle and brake on the standard controller and it's a pain trying to feather the throttle or get the braking just right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original Post:
Is the steering wheel a good job?

I would have thought the anologue controller would be a lot more responsive. My mate insists on using the arrows to steer but I say the small joystick is the trick :)
The Logitech one is brilliant - all the others I've used have been useless, massive dead spot in the centre, stupid unrealistic centring action etc. This one feels really good, smooth, very responsive and no play. The force feedback is pretty good too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm after the same stering wheel, nobody in our area has got them in at the mo.

Lee - Have you done the Cyprus stage yet? Really difficult.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not yet got sidetracked by more new games (not cars but still good):

Twisted metal black
Crash Bandicoot
GTA3 (only good with the cheats activated)

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HH6,

Err, you can get analogue accel/decel on the playstation controller from GT1 onwards... just set up the right stick on the dualshock to do it. My standard setup is left stick for steering, right stick for stop/go, which makes it much easier to control the high HP rwd cars (dodge viper etc.).

If you're a real masochist you can put both on the same stick too, although gunning it on full lock at the apex is then impossible.

Just my tuppence :)

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd just like to add, I had the Logitech ForceFeedback wheel bought for me for xmas to use with GT3 and I was quite disappointed with it.

Everything was brilliant except the ability to control a car while its sliding. I have played Gran Turismo ever since it was released quite a few years ago, I have always used the dual shock joypad analogue sticks.

I thought the steering wheel was great for precise control of throttle/steering/brakes and was brilliant when the steering goes light over crests and while understeering and pulls left or right depending on the camber of the track (Laguna Seca especially). What ruined it though is that I couldn't drive fast with it because I'm used to the joypad. Reason is, with the joypad, you can get lock-lock steering in milliseconds with a flick of your thumb, the steering wheel takes much more effort and by the time you start applying opposite lock you spin !!

It was no good for me is I spend most of my time trying to perfect my drift technique and you just can't do it with the wheel, its not fast enough. I ended up returning it and getting Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (which is brilliant !).

However, I highly recommend the Logitech Force Feedback wheel if you want to turn GT3 into a pure simulator, I prefer the more arcadey/simulation effect I get with the joypad.

Think carefully before you spend the money.

cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simon

Thought about the Tony Hawkes one, is it really good. Also thought of getting my little boy the snowboard to stand on that plugs in (sad I know!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surely the problem with a wheel and GT3 is that fundamentally the GT3 physics is a complete bag of *****. I played it again the other day and the cars take ages to react to what you do and there doesn't seem to be any wheelspinning on full throttle, locking up and amp; sliding, lift-off oversteer, power-on oversteer etc etc... Maybe I need to play it more but from what I've sampled after the great specs of teh game, all teh cars and the graphics etc.. teh actual driving experience is no more advanced or realistic than say Ridge Racer.

Maybe a little too purist for some but my Logitech FF with Grand Prix Legends on the PC is one very very memorable experience, esp. the ring and amp; 3.5 min Spa.

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JacKal

The WRC game is good because you actually get damage to the car if you go wrong, not like GT3 where you can crash into anything and still have a perfect car at the end of the race!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WRC: brilliant fun.....

managed to get all of the warning lights on last night, by launching off of a side of a cliff.....:) then had to limp home.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lee

Thats more difficult than racing, especially when you get the steering locked up, crack the windscreen and get plumes of black smoke. I think the longest limp home for me was about 15 minutes!!

Have you tried the Citroen yet? I hate to say it, but it is one of the best cars on there for handling!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When coming from GPL or RallyTrophy the car physics on GT3 are pants. As said by Jackal no lift-off oversteer etc. When playing CMRII I now only drive the Stratos. Especially on tarmac with the AWD cars the car physic is plain ****.
I like my Microsoft Force Feedback, it's no problem to catch slides, flick from lock to lock etc. You can adjust all the settings till they suit you.
No wonder the Logitech is so good, it's a Swiss product:D, precise and reliable.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nearly completed GT3 jus a couple of the endurance races to complete and got first 2 licenes and half the third all gold,cant be bothered to play it nomore coz the endurance races need 2 much concentration ;) bought GTA3 pretty good but cant get the hang of shooting people with the hand gun,keep getting killed by the pimp.

Lee,wot are the cheats for GTA3?????
didnt buy the steering coz after playin with it round my mates found dat tryin 2 pull phat powerslides is a right pain as Simon sed. anyone else got the multi region card? havent got any foreign DVD's to test it with,has anyone tried it?does it work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry mate, with everyone changing there names it has ######ed me up......:)

you coming to donny???

lee

1 - 20 of 21 Posts