Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes my run of bad luck continues.

After picking up my car from the garage fresh from its painting I asked them if they`d checked the battery as I requested when I left it with them. No problem sir, everything seems to be fine . 2 hours later it would not start again. I phoned the following day (Fri) told them exactly what I thought of them and they promised to have a new battery on Monday for me.

Monday comes and the battery was ready for collection late afternoon. Of coarse out with the jump leads and then leave it running to put some charge in the battery as I had only a drop of fuel in (no change there then). I put it as far in the warehouse as possible hoping after I put fuel in it would start and then off to the garage for it fitted.

I was to have a hands free kit fitted at 3 o`clock the guy came in at 2 o`clock, can I start when the car comes back me, it`s just in the warehouse I ll get it for you que panic, shakey legs and feeling sick. Phoned the Police and amp; Tracker people (both very helpfull) and waited. 8 mins later the helecopter had located it 3 miles away left locked and alarmed.

Before you all start yes I know I`m a dickhead but there are mitigating cicumstances. We are miles away from anywhere, the car could not be seen unless you walked into our place or you saw us with the jump leads outside. I do not belive this was opportunistic.

Damage done; C.D. player missing new Ray Bans gone and my emergency £10 nicked and a slightly kerbed wheel.

Lucky Lucky boy yes I know but I can`t help feeling that if the garage had done it`s job I would not be in this situation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
very lucky, good result in the end.

what tracker have you got, i have got the retrieve version but i was considering a upgrade??

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been there,know that sickly feeling !
glad its back
you will now be as safety paranoid as i am !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee, Tracker moniter but had to report it myself as the keys were in it (DOH!).

Just heard from the garage no damage what so ever, engine/suspension no probs.

never want to experience the sick feeling again. Ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charlie is a lucky boy for sure. You would have been totally firked as your insurance would not have paid up as the keys were inside. 30K gone forever...I'm begining to get paranoid now...should I get a tracker too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charlie, If you fancy a meet before yours gets nicked again and I sell mine!(see cars for sale) then send us mail. How was the Italian trip?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Siko, Car comes back tomorrow YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Missed it like crazy these past few day`s. I can`t help thinking if the garage had done its job though i would not be in this situation. Still kicking myself though.

Yorkie,

my E-mail address [email protected] drop us a line I`ll give you my tele no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts