Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the success of Shorty's southwest meet and the fact that no-one has suggested another, does anyone fancy a Thames Valley meet.

I am happy to organise venue, was thinking of 24th November, a Sunday, I think! Could do a later Sunday before xmas!

How about Thame, South Oxon? Meet at Steve Hill Motorsport (might even persuade them to open if enough interest, going there Monday for a service), country blast, good pub etc.

It's only 20 miles from Reading, 35 from Swindon and 10 mins from J6 M40 (20 mins from J16 M25 London boys)!

Would like a big gathering (20 evo's in convoy, bliss).

Anybody interested?

Pondy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, apparently the 25th is a Sunday!

Anyone?

Cheers Simon, look forward to hearing your exhaust!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy.

I'm at snetterton that day ,come along to the track day.if its a couple of sundays on from the 25 th no problem coming up that way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Due to the fact that Snetterton trackday and Network Q rally are on that weekend, how about the 2nd or 9th December?

Paul,

I'd love to go to Snetterton, but will not take my car on the track yet! Seems a long way to go just to watch! If you want a passenger, let me know, I'll share the cost! You will come past me on the way up there (probably)!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where abouts are you planning on meeting out of interest? I might not be able to make any dates at all this year but there is a slim chance I could be somewhere nearby on the 9th.

Ta
R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryan

Steve Hill Motorsport, Long Crendon (nr Thame Oxon). Only 10 mins from junction 6 and 8 of M40.

Everyone

Date of 9th December seems best. Due to xmas parties I think we would need to sort it out sooner rather than later.

Please post here if interested!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 9th is good for me - Keep me informed of any changes!!
Going to Steve Hill tomorrow to get my movit disks fitted!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andy,

Count me in as I can make myself free for a cross country jaunt.

Any one who wants to follow me there from the south west as I know where we are going .
can meet up junction 16 of the M4 ,route via cross country or motorway .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So far we got:

Me
Simon Evo
Britevo
Paul Short

We need few more to make this worthwhile, anybody

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I would suggest is getting Steve Hill Motorsport to open up and give us some special offers and we can hold a mini-meet there and check out the premises.

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simon,

Unfortunately Steve Hill is not a whole sale outfit ,they just prep rally cars and Evo rd cars out once in a while .What we really want is Steve Hill himself there to take us out in the E3 /E4 /E6 they have :D
the estate has some tasty straights and turns ,nice for donutting as well .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Count me in for the 9th as i will have the new evo back then after all the **** sorted! Couldnt make the other meets as usually set up after work and i work late, so a sunday would be crackin! Day off!! Get married on the 30th nov so couldnt make it if it was the 2nd of dec, but please mail me to let me know if its all happening and times, places etc!

Look forward to meeting all at last

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far we got:

Me
Simon Evo
Britevo
Paul Short
Numpty scrub
Evo4girl

Any others?

If we can get 10 by 23rd, I'll book pub and sort out directions. Remember xmas parties are starting then, so will need to give hostelry some notice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pondy

I should be able to make this!

I`ll be coming across from the Hook area ( juct 5 / M3 ) if anyone else is going that way let me know what time and amp; I`ll tie up .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pondy,
put me and the old man down for this one,we never miss a southern meet especially one with some cross country action,it'll be good to see you all again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok folks, I think we've got enough to make this worthwhile, recap:

Sunday 9th December (hope it snowshttp://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >), signed up so far,

Me
Simon Michael (simonevo)
Britevo
Paul Short (shorty)
Numptyscrub
Debs (evo4girlracer)
Daved6
Kevin (T27)
Baljit and Umreet (c2singh)

I will speak to Steve Hill and hopefully get them to open up. I will encourage them by possibly doing an article for the mag on this one and mentioning their name, any publicity is good publicity! ( except possibly the garage Rob Plummer has plastered all over the forum).

Paul, bring your stopwatch!

Details of times and stuff will be posted next weekend (25th onwards) as I'm away in Bristol all this week.

Thanks all,

Andy

1 - 20 of 53 Posts