Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Can someone let me know what the procedure is for removing the grommet on an E6 TME.

I fancy having a play in the garage.

I have tried a 'search' but I can't find any instructions.

Thanks,

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
move the black cannister behind the battery(lift up)

under there you will see the solenoid with two (i think) hoses coming out, one with a clip on it.

pull off this hose(clipped one)

in the solenoid there is a tiny restrictor. get a small self tapper (no.6) and turn it in lightly by hand until it bites. then pull

out she pops. dont lose it for gods sake.

all this should take 5mins max.

any probs ring lEE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robert we will have to call you Mr Grommet,that was an excellent explanation of the technical procedure for removing the plastic thingy,maybe you could explain to Simon how he can get more power,without spending any money,

Maybe he could,..............................your the expert any ideas to help an old mate:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craze,

The grommet is a restrictor that stops the boost from rising above a pre-set limit. If you remove it, the car will make an extra 9 bhp, due to higher boost pressure! Eh, Mr Carr? But you may also blow your engine to smitherines!

All this I have gleaned from this (value for money) website, and I know nothing else, whatsoever! (disclaimer).

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gaz / Evoboy,

Didn't bother removing it.

Fitted some PIAA wipers instead.

Very, very good !

Daz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andy,

dont be so alarmist. my engine is still running. i have had 2 fuel cuts max. and they were when temp was down in the negatives. now its warmer. i can ragg the bitch with no worries whatsoever. However, if you have other mods..ie zorst and induction. then as these naturally raise the boost anyway couple this with now grommit...then:(:(:(

know what i am sayin..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roberto,

Nope, haven't a clue what your saying! Alarmist, me? Never. I was having a steffi in that post (as usual). ONLY 2 fuel cuts? That's good! (see sarcasm, that works too) ;)

Bizz,

The PIAA wipers are crap at getting the rain off, but you can see it better! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts