Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I am now on my second EVO (yay!), this one being a TME. Now, my question for all those in the know is...

Is it worth uprating the TME suspension to new coilovers, such as Tein superstreets? I believe the TME set up is already uprated from a standard 6, therefore would the difference be worth the money? (apart from it would look better lower!!)

Also, if it is a worthwhile upgrade, has anyone got any nearly new Tein/DC/Cusco/HKS fully adjustible coilovers they would let me buy from them?

Ta

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
as far as I am aware the tme suspension is the same as VI's but its lowered already.

steve

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh i see. I read somwhere about the shocks being uprated for 'tarmac settings' and the springs were a higher rate?? Also read somwhere about some suspension parts being inverted?

I might be wrong. So basically, we are saying that uprated coilovers should make a big difference?

If so, i need to get buying some. Anybody got any coilovers for sale?

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that.

I see you have these in stock ;-)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I can recommend Teins. I fitted some superstreet with pillowball tm's to my 5 Saturday.
Took it to ABP today to have a full reset to fast road spec. When they checked it out it was way out.

Couldn't try the handling out on the way home as it p****d it down all the way.

The ride on the Teins is excellent, not to harsh at all.
They recommend 12 clicks back from full hard but I found this to soft so have gone to 8 clicks on the rear and 6 on the front.
:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks big Al, all i need to do now is to save up the cash and buy some. Hopefully someone will have a spare set hey don't use that they can sell on to me.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
i wouldn't change your standard suspension unless your going for something like ohlins / exe-tc hence why i haven't yet!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, is the tommi suspension better than standard 6 then?

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
never been in a standard 6 so couldn't tell you, but ive been cars with tein etc on and the ride is so harsh for the road i couldn't put up with it! the seat ends up being the suspension its self!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
coilovers

My TME is only a weekend car so it doesn't mattewr if the ride is stiff, as long as it sticks to the road like glue.

My last EVO have HKS coilovers on which are notoriously harsh, but i didn't find them too bad.

If anyone has any coilver for sale, please pm me.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RC or Inverted? Benefits of inverted?

Anthony/Indigo/anyone else...

What's the benefits of fitting inverted coilovers? Is it worth the extra money?

Many thanks

Rob

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Standard front struts on all Evos have inverted shocks. UK roads do take their toll on the standard set up.

I'm now on my second suspension kit on my TME, Bilstein PSS9, and I am loving the car again now.

Teins are very popular and the BC kits do seem to be getting good reviews too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
never been in a standard 6 so couldn't tell you, but ive been cars with tein etc on and the ride is so harsh for the road i couldn't put up with it! the seat ends up being the suspension its self!!
Don't know where you get that from..... my Teins are very soft and comfortable. Less harsh than standard. :mitsi:

·
Registered
597 Posts
monoflex aren't superstreet ! Probably had the damping whacked up hard :lol:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got myself a set of BC coilovers to be fitted on Saturday, so i'll give them a go and see how they compare to the TME's

Should be good though as i am also having the whole car poly bushed from nose to tail and have just had 4 new Vredestein Sessanda tyres fitted last night. The whole package should make a big difference when bedded in and geo'd up!!

Very excited, like a kid at christmas :D

but now officially skint!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts