Lancer Register Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
I used to work on a fish farm come nurseries which then turned into my first real job, bloody loved the job, was a hoot.....:D

·
Administrator
29,344 Posts
Please take this thread back on topic?

If you have other things you want to chat about, start another thread - thanks

Shell

·
Administrator
29,344 Posts
Another thread down the swanny :rotz:

Anyway I worked in a Quasar center, was a laugh oh and the markets too ;)
:smthumbup Which market - I was in Surrey St in Croydon - was great in the summer - and we had a second hand record shop right behind us that was popular with all sorts of bands that were about in the day ;)

·
Administrator
29,344 Posts
Nothing fancy Chell just Basildon,Pitsea & Canvey:eek:
:D wrong side for me then ;) Quite enjoyed it at the time - but wouldn't want to do it now... I was lucky to work with a great bunch of peeps

·
Administrator
29,344 Posts
I have removed 6 pages of rubbish from this now - (sorry if I have removed any posts that should have been here - but got a little bored reading the same rubbish) :shake:

Just a small reminder the subject is tedious summer jobs….

Please (for the second time of asking) keep this on topic.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Stacking cardboard tubes: got paid £3.50ph to stand at the end of a cardboard tube machine and stack the pre-cut tubes on a pallet, 8 hours a day. That one lasted the original 2 week contract and I refused to go back.

Stacking sugar-syrup boxes: a few doors down from the cardboard roll factory is a sugar factory, I got paid £3.75ph to wait for a machine to fill a 25kg box (well, the plastic bag inside the box) with low-grade syrup, take the box to a pallet to cool, then close the bags / boxes up when the pallet was full ready for a forklift to take away. Lasted the original 1 week on that before I again told the agency I refused to renew.

I never used that agency for holiday work again funnily enough :shake:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts