Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents,
I'm just looking for ideas on what technical articles people would like to see in the next coming issues of Wastegate Chatter. Any ideas appreciated and also any feedback of the latest ones in terms of level of technical detail / ease of understanding etc...

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
609 Posts
How about one on the operation of the drivetrain, all the diffs and stuff and how they work. Might help people who have to diagonose transmission woes in the future?

Or maybe something on suspension angles, camber, caster, toe in/out etc and how they all effect?

Just a couple of ideas

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I'd be interested in suspension setup as well. My car has now got lots of adjustable suspension parts and I want to get it all setup soon.

I'd also quite like to know about cooling the intake systems on other systems like the crygenic C02 onto the fuel lines and such like.

Cheers
Adi

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
What about an article on downforce, it's effects on sprints/cornering and whether the Vortex generators and large rear spoilers actually do anything noticeable?

Would be even better if a couple of reasonably consistent MLR members could do a with and without test at the 30-130 and a track.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Beaker said:
How about one on the operation of the drivetrain, all the diffs and stuff and how they work.
Agreed. There was a thread on here earlier in the week about how to get the best out of the AYC through corners. Thread went off topic a bit, so a proper article would be great. There has also been much discussion about ACD lately too. As these are two of the key features of the Evo (for me anyway) I'd love to know _properly_ how they work and how to drive the car to get the best out of them.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
All good ideas. Still feel there should be an interview with Turbo_Dan - i.e. what I do in my spare time, my favourite colour, what I like to pay women to do to me etc...

Y'now just a page or 2 on key MLR members like myself. In this case only myself.

·
Premium Member
9,939 Posts
Something about the benefits of "bling" under the bonnet :D ;)

Or maybe "Earthing Kits" :moon:

Seriously, go with the transmission option. It's probably the least documented subject in motorsport :confused: . If I can help PM/email me, I know how to program front and centre diffs on WRC cars ;)

For the following ;) issue of WgC go for aerodynamics. It should be easy as Evo's are "bricks" :D :D

After that, suspension. There has been so much written on the subject that your input would have to be a "bible" :D ;) :p :p

Grant

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
how about a technical breakdown of beer goggles and their impact on a quiet night out and the result the morning after???

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grants said:
Seriously, go with the transmission option. It's probably the least documented subject in motorsport :confused: . If I can help PM/email me, I know how to program front and centre diffs on WRC cars ;) Grant
Looks like diffs is the favourite option so far then... I guess you'll have a PM shortly Grant ;););)

Andy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Andy - I think your articles are interesting and readable.They do go into a lot of detail,but then at least we know we're getting the 'whole story'.Those who do not want that level of intricacy can merely skip to the next sentence.Keep up the good work mate.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Agreed, really enjoy the technical articles. I think a low down of the different transmissions for each model and their operation is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Andy
Drivetrain would be a good article, especially as I've got a whine that 3 people have given me 3 different faults for :eek: :eek:

Suspension and wheel set up would also be a good idea.

As most people who buy an Evo go straight under the bonnet to start spending their well earned, I think an article on "general" tuning would be a good idea as most members are not as technically minded as others.
The questions keep getting asked about " how much boost on standard internals" "How do I get 400/400" "ball bearing conversion" "cams, which profile" "intercoolers, do I need a larger one"etc etc.
I think this would be extremely valuable to us "lesser mortals" :D :D and something members could refer back to in the future.

Did you ever do the twisties over in Europe ;) ;)

Cheers..

Ian..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts