Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have just added the TD06-20G to my turbo sizing spreadsheet. At about 3000 rpm the turbo is well in the surge zone at 1.5 bar boost.

Blade, what boost are you running and can you let me have a dyno chart with your current setup? Have you noticed any surge/rough running from turbo at around 3000rpm? Surge may show up as unstable boost (rapidly varies and noise from the turbo).

You're welcome to a copy of the spreadsheet (as are any others).

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
hi oli
can yo send me the sheet as well please :)

so have you figured out the surge line for the TD05 16G big the one fitted to the 6,7 ?

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Sam,
I can send you the compressor map for the 16G6 with the surge line marked on but you'll have to wait until I get in tonight at 4:30ish.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
sam, will do.

The chart that lightspeed sent me had the surge line on it for the td05-16g06. At 1.2 bar boost with this turbo we are close to but not over the surge line. At 1.5 bar boost you are still not surging.

however with the td06-20g there is a nasty kink in the surge line at about 1.2 bar. This means with 1.5 bar boost at 3000rpm you maybe surging. 1.2 bar OK though.

effeciencies are higher on the td06 as a compensation.

This may mean that Blade has to run limited boost at 3000rpm say 1.2 bar before upping it to 1.5 at 4000rpm although the other mods he has done on his engine may increase his volumetric efficiency (VE) enough to get him out of surge. Long duration cams will tend to increase VE at high revs but may decrease at low to mid. With a dyno curve we can get a better idea of the VE's.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
HAven't got the car back - tomorrow am. Set at 1.3 bar at the mo I think. Will do more tests next week and let you know.

Can I have the spreadsheet? Not that it will mean much....

Where did you get the figures from?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Blade,

compressor map is the one Lightspeed sent about. Calculations/physical data are mostly from Perry's Chemical Engineers Handbook. The other info are guesstimates, most of which i feel happy with, however the volumetric efficiencies are guesses based on some website info and we need to get dyno data to really know what these are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts