Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Every one,

I would like to do TC-SST Flash my 2009 Lancer Ralliart to 2011 EvoX Firmware version. I'm not sure my SST will have any effect or not? I read many information and see the video about how to flash. I saw some guy said after we are flash software to new version 2011 EvoX will destroy our gear box. Because each year of gear box have some part are different. we should to match year off gear box and firmware version.

If anyone have experience about this and know the information please give suggestion to me.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Having run all versions of the Evo X SST TCU firmware on my car I'm pretty certain the 2011 version won't destroy your transmission, however it may not be the optimum choice. I'm assuming the main reason for doing it is to enable the s-sport mode that is missing from the ralliart (and potentially the first gear torque limit), however I'm not sure why you believe the firmware for the 2011 model is the best one to use given that box is physically different to your 2009 box which has it's own Evo X SST firmware which is probably better suited? It's worth being aware that new versions of the TCU firmware exist for the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SST so it's not that the later year equates to newer firmware as they generally all get updated to resolve issues at the same time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having run all versions of the Evo X SST TCU firmware on my car I'm pretty certain the 2011 version won't destroy your transmission, however it may not be the optimum choice. I'm assuming the main reason for doing it is to enable the s-sport mode that is missing from the ralliart (and potentially the first gear torque limit), however I'm not sure why you believe the firmware for the 2011 model is the best one to use given that box is physically different to your 2009 box which has it's own Evo X SST firmware which is probably better suited? It's worth being aware that new versions of the TCU firmware exist for the 2008, 2009 and 2011 SST so it's not that the later year equates to newer firmware as they generally all get updated to resolve issues at the same time.
Hi, Sephiro
Thank you very much for your suggestion. May i ask some question. What's you car EvoX or Ralliart which year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is a 2009 plate EvoX, however the colt car company imported most of the UK evo's in 2008 so mine is technically a 2008 car with the 2008 SST firmware which sadly doesn't support teach-in so I update to the 2009 firmware and then back to the latest 2008 firmware as per the Mitsubishi technical service bulletin.

That mean finally you are return to use the firmware version that match with your gear year right?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Correct, however if yours is a really a 2009 box then you shouldn't have to revert to the old firmware as it's only the first generation of the SST (2008) that don't support teach in as far as I understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts