Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,

I am looking at getting a tattoo soon (my first one) and was wandering if anyone on here has any.
If so, what sort of reaction do you get from people?
Are they negative towards you?
Mine will be discreet.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have one or two mate ;) and I dont think that I get any negativity from people because of them really.

Tattoos are a personnal thing, if you want one, get one, who cares what anybody else thinks at the end of the day. :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I dont think many people even notice that you have a tattoo to be honest - you can normally see mine under the white shirt at work but no one has ever commented or even raised an eyebrow.

I guess its only really noticed when you have them around your neck and face (apparently swastika's don't go down too well).

·
Registered
433 Posts
tattoos are a personal thing in my opinion :rolleyes:

if you like em go get 1 y should it matter wot others think :confused: :confused:

as said above i dont think anything above the neck or on the hands is cool tho :(

sum clubs wont let you in with a short sleeved shirt on if they can see your tats :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
GlobalGB said:
I dont think many people even notice that you have a tattoo to be honest - you can normally see mine under the white shirt at work but no one has ever commented or even raised an eyebrow.

I guess its only really noticed when you have them around your neck and face (apparently swastika's don't go down too well).
Can't say fairer than that - the same for me.

Oh and BTW they absolutely knack, and the more fleshy / flabby the area, the more it hurts, especially the outline !

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've had 3, the first took 1 hour, and i was fine, the second took 6 hours, and i was fine, the third took nearly 2 hours, but i passed out after about 5 mins.......... :crackup:

They do hurt, but i found that if i could see what the tattooist was doing i felt a little better.

I've been told that you should eat before going, and drink something sugary too, cos if your blood sugar level is low it increases the chance of you passing out, i'm not sure if it is true though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Some good points there.

I have been thinking about it for about 6 months seriously and going to get it in the next few weeks all being well.
Its a Maori tattoo and will be on upper arm so no one will really see it.
Like you say, its for me and on one else.
Cheers again,

Chris

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
Saintsman said:
Hi fellas,

I am looking at getting a tattoo soon (my first one) and was wandering if anyone on here has any.
If so, what sort of reaction do you get from people?
Are they negative towards you?
Mine will be discreet.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
Ive got 2 not sore at all and they are for how you would like to show them or if you want to keep them personal, ive got one on my arm and another on my left boob and when im out depending on what im wearing people see them so i dont bother, a lot of people find them sexy & attractive so go for it.

Im wanting a couple more but my other half wont let me as he dosent like them.

Lisa

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
if you want one mate then get one who cares what others think its your body ive got a couple and will be spending a few hours under the needle in the next few months tatts look good on males or females so i say go for it mate get yourself personalised :D :coolsm:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
When I was in Fuerteventura a couple of weeks ago every football shirt wearing chav and his fat wife had them :crackup: Roses on tits :crackup: doldhins on stomachs, Nice, and the amount of sh!te barbed wire Pamela andersen armbands made me cringe. :crackup: :crackup:

I have got a superman logo on my arse though.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
There's nothing wrong with tattoos, it's the designs that some people have that are the problems. Once you've made up your mind, make sure you're very comfortable with the design. Most people I know who just go into a tattooist and pick a design out of a book usually regret it. The best tatooists are the ones really into the artwork and take their time developing an idea.

Sounds like you know what you want though and tribal designs will last well if it's just simple black design. Colour and fine lines will fade over time.

Softer parts of the body are usually less painful. Tattooing where the bone is close to the skin usually hurts the most. You can have a local anaesthetic gel applied before the tattoo if you really need it.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
DaveG said:
There's nothing wrong with tattoos, it's the designs that some people have that are the problems. Once you've made up your mind, make sure you're very comfortable with the design. Most people I know who just go into a tattooist and pick a design out of a book usually regret it. The best tatooists are the ones really into the artwork and take their time developing an idea.

Sounds like you know what you want though and tribal designs will last well if it's just simple black design. Colour and fine lines will fade over time.

Softer parts of the body are usually less painful. Tattooing where the bone is close to the skin usually hurts the most. You can have a local anaesthetic gel applied before the tattoo if you really need it.
spot on that i get my tribal designs done freehand that way theres less chance of someone having the same one coloured tatts look a bit grubby after time thats why all mine are simply black just looks better imho

1 - 20 of 46 Posts