Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MLR have just been invited to enter their Lancers into the Haynes Autumn Classic, an untimed rally event using various tarmac venues across South Wales on Sat 27th October. The event is designed for competition and amp; road cars and amp; uses smooth tarmac and amp; concrete surfaces throughout.
Venues include Tredegar House, Llandow, Caerwent Military Camp and Pembrey. 5 Stages in all. stages closed to spectators. £150 entry (Driver/ Co-Driver) SIDC will be there as well as MLR.

Something for those who want to play at being Tommi for a Day - SIDC guys should be there also. Event finishes with a few laps around Pembrey and a buffet to follow.

Entry Fee £150 car, driver |PLS| passenger. For insurance purposes the event is closed to spectators.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:Tarmac Rally for Road Cars

does this mean that we will be getting a Haynes manual for the Evo :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rally

Just spoke to the organiser who is keen for us to attend this exciting event. If it goes well we can run a couple of days like this next year for the register but a few opinions would be good. Just makes a change from a track day and is arguably more suited to the Evo's.

Come on guys and amp; gals, how many times do you get chance to do a tarmac/ navigational rally across 4 closed stages |PLS| few laps around Pembrey to boot.

Details in the events section |PLS| Wastegate Chatter which is being posted this week

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian, what an absolutely fantastic event, just feel completely gutted that I can't attend this wkend. I've driven / ridden most UK circuits but this would be something really different.
Please, please, please, try and sort another similar event for all to attend, I'm sure it will be a winning formula. As long as it's kept to Tarmac as stone chips are expensive to repair!!
Come on MLR folk, give Brian some support, this is something special...

JeffIV (gutted)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re:

Jeff

I agree, I think the format sounds great and amp; ideal for these type of cars. Unfortunately we only heard about this event quite late but the organisers are getting together to do a dedicated event for the MLR and amp; SIDC members next year. Proper road book, book in times etc.

I'm in contact with the event organiser who is keen to get the new event off the ground. More info as soon as he passes it to me.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haynes Autumn Classic

As the only Evo who attended the event on Saturday, just to say what a fantastic event. It's a pity there weren't more Evo's there. It combined both smooth tarmac rally stages and circuit use. This type of event should not be missed! Haynes are planning future events like this at different locations. Mostly aimed at classic cars but ours and two P1's were well received.

Plodwyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts