Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had my EVO6 1 week. 140-150 miles on a tank and 19 to the gallon

i'm thinking of moving to Saudi Arabia where there is more oil. !!!

Am I to heavy with the right foot or is this par for the course.

It has to be said I do not really care anyway as the pro's of this car outway this minor problem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is pretty good..Do a motorway drive at 80-90 mph and you can watch the guage drop.
I have never ran from full to empty but £20 worth will get be about 120miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Evo 6 tank has a 50 litre capacity. Surprisingly though the guage only reads for 40 litres. There is a 10 litre reserve.

So basically when your petrol light starts to flash you have 40-50 miles or 10 litres of driving like a complete granny. The needle will drop slightly below the bottom notch and just sit there. I used to panic when the light came on put dont worry, you have plenty of time to get to a petrol station. ( If you drive easy )

I was very interested in finding out how many miles to the gallon i was getting but couldnt understand how only 40 litres was filling the car up from when the petrol light went on! You would only ever get 50 litres in if you ran the tank bone dry. I dont advise this as I guess it may take a fair bit of churning to get the petrol pumped back into the engine again.

18-22 mpg is the norm, any less and your Tommi Makinen, any more and you drive like a pansy. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jon
Spot on M8. 18-22 mpg seems about the right area unless you are pushing the car like Tommi. Then, the fuel bill will be the least of your problems, compared with all the maintainance costs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Simon, i think i read somewhere that the size of the extreme fuel tank is smaller. ( to do with weight savings ) This may also be the case with the RS and RSX etc, so id better point out that my above post is only in my experience with a GSR.

Also I should say that I dont recommend running the tank completely empty before every fill as there may be small particles of dirt built up in the bottom of the tank. Thats whats the fuel filter is there for but it will clog up very quickly if you are unlucky enough to pick up dirty petrol. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I bought my 6 new, I drove from mid Wales back home to the Isle of Wight on one tank full.

A journey of nearly 250 miles.

Is this a record?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bizz, best Ive managed is 210 miles on a full tank :)
and that was driving like a nun with no use of turbo :(

I usually get around 120 miles for my 20 squid.

Floor it :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Full tank in the Paj Evo gets you between 210-240 miles depending how you drive it. Costs about £40 to fill it :(

:) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My record is 283 miles on a full tank. And I know that's the limit - cos I ran out!

Have now (in 2 years) run right out 3 times. Once on petrol forecourt! Once in client's car park... and once coming back from town when I knew I was chancing it, 1/2 mile from petrol station.

Actual completely empty to brim capacity is 47.5 litres.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The price for Super Unleaded 98 RON at my local elf station is 60,7p (6,49 FRF). Just thought I'd let you know... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Claudius, have you thought about offering it mail order?

For any of you very serious people out there I appologise for my attempt at a joke.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got 300 miles once in the Evo 6.5 but I was keeping below 3000rpm the whole time.
Wanted to see how far I could go on a tank of gas.
This was with 100 octane gas in the US.
100 octane gas is fawking expensive here...but the Evo doesnt like the less expensive and more common 92 octane.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My car did the whole journey from Ralliart in Dudley to London on about half a litre of SUL. YES HALF A LITRE

It was on the back of a transporter :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At my local station I pay only 0.54 GBP per litre 98ron super unleaded from BP:D. The petrol prices have dropped considerably in the last few weeks.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Try track day consumption. 60 miles from full to light on. Now that's scary. Pain in the arse as well, means you have to carry shed loads of jerry cans arround with you.

Adrian

1 - 20 of 25 Posts