Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dave's sold it recently. Who bought it? I've been out in it at Oulton, and know that it is very very quick. spent around £15k on tuning it. Not sure what bits were on it when it was sold, but think that the engine spec was around 400BHP, with AP's, 18's, and £3k worth of DMS suspension. Best people to speak to are RC (Clive), as they built the car for Dave. i seriously thought about selling my 6, and buying this car as it was incredible value for the money that's been spent on it. yes it has done a fair few track days, but it has also spent a lot of it's life in RC being serviced, and was maintained extremely (read very expensive) well. DAve also used it as his everyday car, so it's reliable.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought this car from warrender and have spoke to clive about rods pistons and bigger 20g turbo bargain at £6000

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can any one tell me what spec of car is blades babe and how it would go against my we beast

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your car was modded for fast road plus full reliability due to the high weekly milage Dave did.

Although I have yet to meet Blade or see his car in the flesh, I would presume his is for serious track work and therefore would leave T21 EVO for dead.

Plus having done many track days in my Evo I can say with experience that the driver is the fast part not the car.

I followed a white tommy mak at oulton last year totally standard running SO-1 tyres but with AP 6-pots. I had slicks on and could not get past. He was a seriously good driver and it was highly entertaining watching the car 'dance' around the circuit.

Basically unless you have serious track or racing experience (I do not!), Graham the instructor would blow you away in his wifes fiesta!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
time served driver hunty competed in many rallys even my wife is a co driver for a rally team

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hunty,

Last time I saw blades Evo it wouldn't have even nibbled at T21EVO's left toe......

The performance of Blades motor was pretty poor at Oulton, when compared to the RC Evo which is what Daves Black Evo was based on. That T21EVO would give most Evo's a hammering ! Its a Monster !

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By now, most people know my car wasn't performing that day as

a) It was setup for a dry day (semi-slicks) and it was very cold and greasy, and there was zero grip.
b) Was at least 80bhp down as the airflow meter was shagged, and we had to turn the boost right down to get round the engine misfires (which was why the exhaust flames were huge, as it ran v. rich)
c)When we did get road tyres (about 15 mins before end of play) the rear springs dislocated after jacking!
d)It was my first time at Oulton and I was pants!

All the issues (except d!) are fixed. Just part of the trials and tribulations of owning a highly tuned car - things go wrong, usually exactly when you don't want it too. There are plenty of people here who have sampled the car when it is working right (including people who where at Oulton). Oulton was just a bad day, so please don't judge the car on one day.

As I said somewhere else, it isn't a competition - as long as I am happy, I don't give a toss what you or anyone else thinks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Evo400,

Do Admiral know about the mods ? Don't want to let anything slip when I next talk to them and drop you in it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
evo400

You've got a great car there. By all accounts it is well sorted for use on both track and road. Blades car is not.......it is only for the track. Oulton Park was a bad day for him and he has forgotten other problems he had such as his rear springs coming out of their keepers (discovered on the way home!). Trying to compare cars is difficult so you can only look at the specs. Blades car is a stripped out RS with great attention to weight reduction. I would bet that your car would be up to 100 kgs heavier, but a hell of a lot more comfortable! Blade uses ear plugs on the road, and that was before he got his external waste gate! Although the engine spec at Oulton, if the car had been running properly, would probably been a little less power than your car, the weight would have made up the difference and some! I suspect that next time Blade puts his car on an RR it will show between 430 and 450 bhp with a very good spread of torque.

The interesting thing is that given equal drivers, Blades car would probably be the quickest track Evo in the UK at the moment. But it would also rate as about the worst road Evo as well. Your car is a far more balanced performer, because of the job its meant to do. BTW, to look at the spec as of today try his website

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.rodriguez/

Enjoy your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well said simon.

Does this mean I need a new EVO for the road :D???

Is that Extreme S still 4 sale?? Oh no - the wife will kill me :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the info guys . what ever the cars spec it beats the gtir hands down on handling and i had just had £2ooo of hand made eibach racing 50mm struts made for me . the evo is a little tail happy compared to thE R but i think my new car would have it of the lights just . but get to the first bend and bye bye nissan . blade i have seen spec on you car and its pants mate lol lol . hey only kidding you wont bust me lip will you . the car sounds right up my street may be have a swap at a track day . its all ways good to see other peoples idea of speed . i offer my help as i did on the gtir forum to any one who needs help i can as an engineer weld stainless alloy etc etc get most parts machined and hold a wealth of info not only on cars but hifi please check out my web site guys www.transcriptors.co.uk read and learn .

just want to say what agreat site and there are loads of hopefully friends to be made soon . best regards lads and ladys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts