Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my BBK full fitted and mapped about 5 months and at first it was amazing driveabilty and rapid set up for daily use. Then i fitted some X wheels and upgraded the tyres to 255 width and randomly the car never seemed as quick and started to make surge noise's more and generally not as smooth. before i had it mapped i was going to upgrade the ix bov to a forge but never got round to it. Any ways I wanted to go recirculating and either fancied a tial or the Synapse Synchronic BOV it doesn't have the traditional diaphragm technology. Also i haven't seen this set up on any UK Evo's wanted to try something new.

well the actual BOV is top nouch quality its a fair bit bigger and heavier than std it feels very purposeful.

Costs;

$200.00 for BOV
$50.00 Sipping
£42.00 Import Duty & taxes

so £200 all in.

Fitting was easy port A & B join via a T pipe with some vacum samco piping (which isn't supplied but both needed) and C goes to your compressor to boost control solidnoid via a T pipe (again required but not in kit) and then it just fits neatly in stock location.

Port C connection to line from compressor housing to MBC

From when you start the car it seems smoother generally my IX has covered 39k on std bov. so i let it warm up and WOW it picks up FASTER & HARDER through out! No crap it feels like when i first had it mapped {thumbup} my cousin drove it and said "jees that never use to pull like that." so impressed by the mod i started viewing the gauge and it was hitting 2.2bar :eek: so after a play i decided to set it on low setting until i have time to adjust. this is a must have for running passed 1.8bar i only wish i had it mapped with this on.

My set up
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=277805

Synapse Synchronic
http://www.synapseengineering.com/?gclid=CIrBwLL60J8CFcJd4wodhUSRuQ
http://www.youtube.com/synapseengineering

where i purchased it
http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/SB001A

Installation pics to follow.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Interesting read, certainly seems that the new DV (or piping/connections) is holding the boost better if your boost went from 1.8 to 2.2 bar.

I had a similar effect when moving from the stock plastic DV to the APS, but I kept an eye on the boost when testing and lifted off as soon as it hit 2 bar.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting read, certainly seems that the new DV (or piping/connections) is holding the boost better if your boost went from 1.8 to 2.2 bar.

I had a similar effect when moving from the stock plastic DV to the APS, but I kept an eye on the boost when testing and lifted off as soon as it hit 2 bar.
Yeah i'm well happy with it, the boost was at 2.05 and has raisen to 2.2bar but after the vast improvement i think std IX bov should be considered to upgraded if your running over 1.8bar.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I pressure tested my 8 & a mates 9 stock BOVs both gave up at 1.8bar. Addo I'm very interested in the synapes valve, are you still very happy with it mate? Got anymore input for us?

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Were they both metal BOVs Jon?

I'd be impressed if the plastic ones held that kind of boost - they were put on the cars with 1.3 bar peak in mind after all.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Both metal, both with the same part number.. My car is a jdm 8 gsr (UK EVO 8, not a 260) My mates is a 9 FQ 320. We also tried a blitz vta off my mates 7 it held way over 2 bar.

J

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Addo, did you fit & forget or did you have to adjust the locked screw between the "i think" the A & B ports" I've read loads on this valve know & no folk has said they have adjusted it...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah the valve works good, i fitted it with out adjusting it although you'll need to lower your boost i'd imagine as i had to.

They have just released a new version of mine with out the Port C. This is alot simpler to install as its like standard ie one connection via the inlet manifold via at piece, i've sent mine back to California to synaspe to get this modification carried out.

I bought mine form;

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/SB001A

but i've had good service from Chris at MAP who is a MLR trader and they do sell them, worth asking him.

http://www.lancerregister.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks for that, so the new version you T the A & b into the inlet mani & no c to connect. When do you get yours back? Wouldn't mind getting some feed back with it upgraded.

Cheers

Jon

·
Banned
511 Posts
...but i've had good service from Chris at MAP who is a MLR trader and they do sell them, worth asking him.
Thanks for the referral sir :) We can certainly provide Synapse products, and there are actually two options for Evo customers. The first is the same setup you purchased which is the universal BOV and the Evo adapter, the second is an Evo kit shown below that includes vacuum fittings and line at an additional cost:

Anyone looking for Synapse products please feel free to contact me for current pricing as it fluctuates based on the exchange rate!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks for the referral sir :) We can certainly provide Synapse products, and there are actually two options for Evo customers. The first is the same setup you purchased which is the universal BOV and the Evo adapter, the second is an Evo kit shown below that includes vacuum fittings and line at an additional cost:

Anyone looking for Synapse products please feel free to contact me for current pricing as it fluctuates based on the exchange rate!
Do you have the later version that Addo mentions in stock (no c port), I assume this is considered to be superior to the original version. Can you send me the current cost of the evo specific unit please

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I Now have one with no c port fitted. They claim they test them to 100psi, I have a little rig made up for testing bovs, so on it went. The gauge only goes to 58 psi so that has had to do:lol:. no problem! I did detect a a tiny leak... After putting the business end into a bucket of water I could see the adjuster nut/screw bubbling. I took the nut of & fitted a little o ring. Holds 4 bar ;)
Fitted it to the car set it up quickly to run 2.1 bar solid as a rock, drives nice & part throttle hesitation from my short blast is either gone or v much better than a mitsi metal case jobby. Not sure if Addo has his back, but I'm glad I read his thread... cheers fella!

Jon

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still waiting for mine to return from Synapse with the port c deletion modification although I've spoken with Devin and its Travelling back as we speak. I'm very eager to get it back as I will be fitting my Map rev2 intake and going back for a remap.

Glad you like the bov it's a great bit of kit the only negative would be its to fast and crisp at times, but essential very purposeful and :smthumbup.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've received my BOV back from Synapse in San Diego and the port deletion is complete. I'll be removing the std IX off again asap!

Essentially they have blocked the port c outlet and changed some of the internals it seems as the adjustment washer has a rubber/plastic washer there now.

thanks again Devin.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Glad to see it's back safe and sound mate, looks like they've addressed the tiny air leak I came across when testing mine. I'm still :D with mine.

J

1 - 20 of 20 Posts