Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M.E.Rallysport are now able to offer Ice Driving experiences on the frozen lakes near the popular Ski Resort of Salen, Sweden

Having operated for 3 years using a Fiesta ST, the new addition of the Mitsubishi Evo Rally Car enables guests to learn basic road driving techniques all the way through to advanced rally manoevers from left foot braking to powerslides, guided by experienced rally driver and instructor, Matt Edwards.

The 2.5km of tracks offer the perfect environment to hone your skills in the epic surroundings of the Dalarnas Lan Kommun, with packages including Lake Fees, Rally Car Hire, Fuel, Winter Tyres, Instruction and VAT.

Fiesta ST £650 inc VAT
Mistubishi Evo £895 inc VAT

Prices based on 2 days driving each (Approx hrs lake time per day)

***MLR OFFER***

4 for the price of 3! Bring 3 guests to MEIcedrive and a 4th comes free!

Catering for all levels of experience, Ice-driving is the most effective way to learn to feel for the edge of grip, without the penalties of kerbs, trees and fences should luck and talent evapourate, usually at the same time! The technique adopted by Matt is developed over a 10 year rallying career, and has proven successful in Front, 4 and Rear Wheel Drive at National level.

Optional extras include in-car cameras, competition studded tyres, high speed passenger rides, Ice Karting, Skidoo Riding and night stages.

We can help you source flights to Oso Rygge or Torp Airports with Ryanair from just £30 return, and source hotel or self catering accomodation locally to suit your requirements. Depending on dates, airport transfers can also be arranged.

Dates available throughout Feb and early March 2014

For further information please contact Matt via PM or [email protected].

For further pictures visit @MERallysport on Twitter and search Matt Edwards on Facebook.

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,840 Posts
Ok - hands up who wants to be the three paying guests, so I can go free??? ;) :crackup:

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok - hands up who wants to be the three paying guests, so I can go three??? ;) :crackup:
Its concievable that the group of 4 may be friendly enough to split the total cost 3 ways! or 25% discount each! :smthumbup Extra points if you can pull off your take on the deal however!!

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,840 Posts
Its concievable that the group of 4 may be friendly enough to split the total cost 3 ways! or 25% discount each! :smthumbup Extra points if you can pull off your take on the deal however!!
its a challenge :D

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Anyone thinking of going should get out there!

You can't fail to learn something from Matt whatever level of driver you are he really is good. Quite a few of my customers went out last year and loved it!!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Chris put me on to Matt last year. I arranged a Sweden trip with myself, 2 MLR friends and another mate, and it was awesome! It was certainly one of the main things I did between 2012 season and 2013 season that got me onto winning ways, understanding more about car control, finding grip, finding the limits, left foot braking, combatting understeer etc. Matt is a great instructor and also took time to spend the day with me at Castle Combe in my car, which again was a big help, getting me big confidence on big tracks.

Desperate to get over again before the season starts. I learnt so much in the Fiesta, and now he has the Evo it would be epic. The highlight of the trip for me was alittle sprint circuit he worked out for us, during the night with the light pods on... It was just pure class!

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Video just taken from tonights shakedown with the new studded tyres on!

Theyre actually WRC spec competition studded tyres, but have had half the studs removed to make the car mover around a bit more, which gives better feel for learning the various techniques with. With too much grip, its hard to learn the effects of weight transfer ans using the brakes to turn the car, so with a bit more slip its far more rewarding!

You also cant beat the atmosphere on the lake at night!

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rough guestimate on airport-transfers, accomodation, food & drinks and other stuff??

A few videos from outside on standard winter tyres..!

Flights from £30 return depending on date you travel with Ryan Air to Oslo Rygge Airport. Car hire to get to the lake is apporx £150 for 3 days so split that between the number in your group.

Accom works out £100 each for 3 nights approx, based on 4 sharing self catering apartment, or £100 per night each in Salen Ski resort hotels. I can oranise this for you no problem.

You can spend as much or as little as you like on food, alcohol quite expensive, but Pizza and a pint can be found for £15 no problem.

I could arrange transfers to and from airport depending on your date, but would be looking at £150 Return per person hence cheaper to hire a car really plus you then have transport whilst you are here.

Ice karting and Skiddoo hire can be arranged aswell.

Upgrade to full studded tyres £300 per day - basically to cover the extra fuel and wear on the car that this results in.

Been experimenting with maps in the Motec diff controller i have in it today, really works well with left foot braking over the standard ECU.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Available dates to take up the 4 for 3 offer:

10/11/12 Feb
19/20/21 Feb
23/27 Feb
4 March

Single day bookings being taken with same discount offer. Skidoo Safari and Ice Karting can also be arranged!
6 March

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.