Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know the sort of thing, you put a word onto a forum and it gets turned into *&%[email protected] or whatever.

Just looking on Yahoo about an article on political correctness, whether it has gone too far.

Its hilarious, evertime someone uses the words documentary, circumstances or homosexuality it gets censored !!!!!

So they come out as [email protected]#$%stances, [email protected]#$%entary and this one as well - ****@#$
lity

Err, none of those are rude - maybe if their search string was ' rudeword ' instead of 'rudeword' it might be better.

Reminds me of the funny story about S c u n thorpe council getting some email "profanity" vetting software. After it was installed they stopped getting emails. Panic ensued until someone discovered S c u n thorpe has a "profanity" embedded in it so all their incoming emails were being blocked !

I apologise to the citizens of S****thorpe but your town name has been censored in my post !

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,881 Posts
My favourite story from my days at ntl were when we first launched virgin's e-mail service.

Every single e-mail was blocked by the filters :lol:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it me or is it a bit over zealous ?

A lot of this originates from the USA where they call a toilet "the bathroom". When I worked in the USA and had to go to the "bathroom" I would tell me American colleagues I was going for a bath - even they found it funny !!!

And of course, Janet Jacksons tats falling out was described as a "wardrobe malfunction".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts