Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changing gsr to mr sus. anything awkward or special tools ?
need to grease owt?
any tips appreciated
will it sit lower?
what springs to get if not? link?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hows your suspension swap going mate, finished mine and it only took 2 hrs :smthumbup

Took her out for a short drive to settle things down and it feels ok, not to soft or not to hard.
Going to ABP Tuesday for setup. :mitsi:

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
started at 9 just finished. the **** car is now for sale. want it gone tonight 5 grand for cash sale tonight

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was play in the top mounts that were on the bilsteins , when i got mine off there was no play whatsoever so decided to swap them.
i could only get my spring compressor on 2 coils which wasn't enough to get them back together. just racked me off. had to improvise make a 3rd compressor. not drove the car yet but dam it looks high i know it will settle a little but even if it came down 1 inch it will still be a crop sprayer
rant over:D

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you adjust front camber . i presumed it was at the hub/strut joint
but now i know its not where is the adjustment?

·
Registered
597 Posts
sorry to hear that Lee, don't give up mate.

The times I could have easily binned mine, it's been one problem after another, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :mitsi:

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Lee the right quality is like night and day go give it a try, it will make the day so much more worth while.
just been out yeah its a little softer still too hard man boobs wobbling
i'd call it dawn and day :thumbdown :yawn:
how would you describe the mr setup firm?
problem is a drive a focus all week and its comfy as **** then come the weekend i look forward to getting the evo out then as soon as i drive it, its such a let down because its not comfy at all not even you can put up with it.
i know its a performance car but dam :handsup:

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will the eibach pro kit suit these billy's?
can only assume they'd be softer still with the progress rate spring?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Lee, after fitting my tein supersteets and taking it out I found they were softer than the original oe shoxs.
I can adjust the damping a little stiffer though.

If you would like to come out in mine let me know. Atleast you'll have an idea what Teins feel like. :mitsi:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts