Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to the ad is here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1485964.htm

Just wondered if anyone new any info on the car? Or could share some hpi details if poss?
Looking at the S/H it was in scotland most of its life, more recently in Notts so may take a look as im only in Derby.

I don't know much about them but seems pricey compared to others on pistonheads? But then I guess my VII does until you actually read the spec...

Any info would be appreciated :smthumbup

Thanks

·
Registered
735 Posts
I used to have one before it got written off and loved it the noise from the supercharger is awesome, the price seems about right for the spec tbh, might be worth asking on the lexus owners club to see if whoever owns it is a member.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Did you used to have the green is200 that Gord bought??
LOL!!!

Small world!!!!

Nope......but I did have a Green IS200 which I bought because I was inspired by the one that Duncan had (which Gord then bought - in fact I went with him to collect it!)

What was your name on LOC?? I am still on there but hardly go on now - everyone is on the OutlawJapClub site :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
LOL!!!

Small world!!!!

Nope......but I did have a Green IS200 which I bought because I was inspired by the one that Duncan had (which Gord then bought - in fact I went with him to collect it!)

What was your name on LOC?? I am still on there but hardly go on now - everyone is on the OutlawJapClub site :D
My username was Bigal but after mine got written off i kind of stopped going on there lol, I heard there was a bit off a fight on there and everyone left.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
My username was Bigal but after mine got written off i kind of stopped going on there lol, I heard there was a bit off a fight on there and everyone left.
I remember you mate!! :D

Register over on Outlawjapclub (the name outlaw kind of says it all really!) and all the old guys are all on there. Gord is even a mod! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to have one before it got written off and loved it the noise from the supercharger is awesome, the price seems about right for the spec tbh, might be worth asking on the lexus owners club to see if whoever owns it is a member.
Will have a scout around the OC.
Do some come supercharged as stock then or are they all aftermarket mods?
What is the reliability like with the super charger?
I've read the kit gives approx 50bhp/ft.lb are stock engine comfortable with this upgrade?

I used to be on the Lexus Owners Club. After a big fight most of the established members are on:

www.outlawjapclub.com

I'll post it up and see if anyone recognises the car.

:D
Cheers :smthumbup

Thanks for the help guys :coolsm:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for putting the post up mate.
All I know now is its in Notts, so sold by Jay as the owner is called kyle.

:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
The TTE Supercharger was only a factory option on the cars in europe - in the UK NO cars had the option even though you could buy the supercharger from TTE. The Superchargers are supposed to be really reliable as long as they are regulary maintained.

The car you have found seems to be a minter.

I was going to get my IS200 supercharged back in 2005 but the insurance was rediculous and I would have only got 200bhp - I sold it and just bought a faster car to begin with! :)

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Thanks for all the info :smthumbup Dont suppose you know how regulary? Is it in Evo teritory?

Actually, looking a the S/H on the PH's ad I guess not, every 10kish seems to be the interval points.
You've got to check everything is nice and tight like the belt and all the hoses etc. Thats it really - nothing major.

I've been trying to find Jay for you on the darkside (owners club) but all his posts seem to have been removed??

This is him however:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showuser=13068

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
a friend of mine is selling a 2004 is200 TURBO if you are interested mate
not much dearer than 8k
low mileage and mint:smthumbup
Link to the ad is here: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1485964.htm

Just wondered if anyone new any info on the car? Or could share some hpi details if poss?
Looking at the S/H it was in scotland most of its life, more recently in Notts so may take a look as im only in Derby.

I don't know much about them but seems pricey compared to others on pistonheads? But then I guess my VII does until you actually read the spec...

Any info would be appreciated :smthumbup

Thanks

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Whats the point paying £8k for an IS200 that's 200bhp (ish) when you can get an Altezza RS200 with the Yamaha Beams engine for around £5k? :confused:

Sorry not trying to be an arse, but it seems a little bit like trying to turn a bog standard Lancer into an Evo to me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm looking at one of these for the Mrs.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That car was originally from Aberdeen Area, it was supercharged by a company called Japerformance (I’m sure) who are no longer in business.

I sold the previous owners a set of Work's alloys.

For the money you can get the Lexus GS300 Twin Turbo/Toyota Aristo (Supra Engine) for less than that & a lot more potential.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thacko on here knows the builder/previouse owner

was a very nice clean car..very loved only sold to buy a monster R32 GTR

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had a TTE charger fitted to an IS200 sport, the company that fitted it for me said that he had never came across such a well made addition for a car.

It sounded great when it was on and made the performance more than adequate for such a smooth car

Lexus did fit a supercharger to the very last of that model available in the UK but not many sold so rare as rocking horse poo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts