Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to buy a set of 18 SL's shortly along with the 2 or 3mm shims, but before I do, can I ask those that have them fitted to VI's....

1) Who makes the shims?
2) Are they just flat, or do they utilise a 'centering' hub, like on the wheel hubs?
3) Due to the fact that the shims are not part of the wheel or car, do you get any noticable vibration whilst driving?

I ask these questions, although I like the wheel immensely, I am not keen on spending my hard earned on something that isn't 100%
If you have any other (positive) observations, or comments about the wheel combination, please let me know! :)

Chrz

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please read previous threads on the fitment of these wheels with shims. I have them with 5mm shims and no problems at all, road and track, just don't tell Claudius as he will get all upset!;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Clive,
I read the other links before posting, but wanted to get some 'real life' answers from current owners, as all the posts refer to the purchase etc. Most of the links also say that you need shims/spacers, and it's on this subject that all the questions are aimed at.
You say you have no probs track and road... did the shims come with your wheels, or did you have to purchase them elsewhere? Do they have the centering flange that I talked of?
My local tyre/wheel shop will do a set of SL's with S03's for £1340 all in. He did say tho' that he knew OZ didn't make a specific shim, so who does, and what are people experiences with them?
Sorry for the further questioning....

Chrz

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does OZ plan to make any SuperLeggeras that can fit the Evo6 without the use of shims ?

Thanks
- ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Geffers,

I bought the shims seperately from the same place I purchased the wheels. They are flat 5mm aluminium made by a company called Le mans, universal for many cars @ £12 pair. The centering flange comes with the wheels and the shim sits round this. You will also need to fit longer high tensile wheel studs. If you can't find any I can give you the number where I bought mine.

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CliveW

do the wheels still center deep enough on the wheel without the bolts? That would be essential above all things. Hope you know what I mean. If the spacer reduces the center ring to too thin a ring, the wheel only held by the bolts will not necessarily hold as long as you wished :(

RA29

MAXI was told that OZ plan to make a special set for the Evo6, yes. Appearently Graham Goode have a waiting list for them. He was told this about a month ago, so they should be available soon.

I would never fit a wheel that doesnt fit 100%. There are others available, lighter and more expensive. I totally understand you want to wait for the new OZs, just dont get the old ones...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Claudius,

Yes the centre spacer is deep enough. In my view as an engineer the setup on my car is perfectly safe. Now if you look at the size of the bolts that hold an engine onto a Boeing 737, now that looks dodgy! :D :D . Should be fitting my Blitz Technospeed Z1s back on soon for trackdays............

Clivew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.