Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me on the best cleaner for the back box on a HKS Super Drager.

Mine has started to dis-colour on one side and I have tried to clean it but with no success.

I have used soap and water, stainless steel cleaner that my wife uses for the pot and pans in the kitchen and Brasso all of which make no difference.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
babyoil ..... heh! :)

Autosol.. becareful, it is slightly abrasive, though i spose if you`ve tried brasso ect. then you have no choice.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Guys,

A biker friend of mine swears buy Autosol and has a spare tube. I will try it the weekend and let you know how I get on.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seriously try babyoil what are going to loose. this what i have been told by magnex themselves.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
autosol is the best also tcut works well and is not so abrasive but i have neverhad any problems with autosol scratching!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having been around bikers for the God knows how many years, you`ll find that no biker with highly polished aluminium casings will go any where near Autosol because of its abrasive qualitys.All they use is the special soap that you can buy in a kit along with polishing mops etc. (which can be found in the back of MotorCycle News, or a totally none abrasive probuct like Silvo.

Rich.

Have to admit i thought you was joking when you said babyoil Sam.......learn something everyday ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pervert.......

As I said, when you have tried everything, Autosol is the answer.

It is very abrasive, but I think that is what Skeletor needs to remove the shite
from his pipe.

If you are a complete and utter perfectionist you could have the exhaust mirror polished,
infact, I have the parts here to do it, but this would be total and utter overkill........

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, me and Six Mad were talking about this at work today, and we both came to the conclusion that unless the car is been shown, then it is utterly pointless going OTT with the cleaning/trying to avoid slight marks/scratching, as at the end of the day its an exhaust on a road going car, and will be constantly battered with all manor of things off the road anyway!

Rich. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RichiWW,

The problem I have is not scratches or slight marks it is a total discolouration of the tail pipe on one side. The stainless steel has gone a patchy brown colour and has no shine to it at all. I was given a tube of Autosol yesterday and spent only a couple on minutes trying to remove it but to no avail. I will be trying again the weekend maybe with an abrasive pad.

I have also been told to use a very fine grade wire wool.

What do you think.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Skeletor

You need some Siege Lite Touch Power Cleaner, Stainless Steel and Aluminium Cleaner! This removes tarnish and discolouration caused by heat and works a treat. It doesn't scratch either. I think you can get it in Lakeland and Jerry's Home Store. http://www.siegechemical.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skeletor, you defently need to spend more than a couple of minutes rubbing, and yes, using wire wool will speed up the cleaning process...more abrasion...though it does sound like you have alittle more than just an ordinary stain here.Have you tried contacting your supplier reguarding this matter?? might be a good idea.

Could be worth trying out Homerdog`s advice.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I TRIED WONDER WHEELS WHEEL CLEANER ON MINE and amp; IT WORKED A DREAM AS LONG AS THE BOX IS COLD, THEN BUFFED IT SILLY.
JUST MY OPINON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never tried Wonder Wheels on Stainless, what i will say is NEVER get it on any chrome parts...it stains the chrome white!!!! Managed to get alittle bit on the chrome of some bike forks i was cleaning, glad i didnt deliberatly put it on, could have proved expensive! hehe

Rich. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the same discolouration of my tail pipe as well, used wonder wheels on it as well when i was washing it, worked a treat

Prit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spent about 2 hours on my car on Sunday. I used Autosol with a smooth cloth then a slightly abrasive cloth. No scratches and managed to remove most of the staining.

It was bloody hard work though.

I will still try to purchase some Siege to remove the rest of the staining.

I think the rule of thumb is not to leave the exhaust to long before treating it which a good cleaner.

Still strange that the discolouration of the pipe was only on one side and the top of the pipe.

I did try wonder wheels but didnt seem to make any difference. The bottle I have is about 18months old so I dont know if it go's out of date.

Anyway thanks for the advice.

John (Skeletor)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts