Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do with the EVO but has any one installed the Blu Fin on any car (specially a Ford Puma) and if so has it made any differences? Thinking of adding it to my girlfirends Puma to give it a bit more oooomph!

Had a demo of the thing yesterday at PE and although its not cheap £299 the reader acts as a fualt code reader to and is not massivly pricey compared to the old physical chips solf by Suerchips.

They claim a pssible 10%+ to power for petrol cars and better power through the rev range and all backed by a warranty wich also covers parts not covered by the manufacterer. Just plug in the reader and install using the diagnostics port. Seems too good to be tru and u can install it multiply on other peoples cars ;) :D

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
i had the bluefin on my fiesta before i bought my evo, i noticed a slight difference in acceleration and it revved a little more freely, i also had a de cat manifold and better exhaust, would defnatly of made more than 120bhp with the bluefin. The fault code reader is very useful, you can also immobalise the car by taking the full ecu map off. Id say it was worth the money but i didnt pay £300, managed to knock them down to £250 in the end

·
Registered
405 Posts
FNKD sell a knob that changes your air/fuel ratio and gives you more power - to be honest I'd stick that on first before you shell out 10 times as much - I've seen it installed on a few cars now and it seems to have worked on all of them! Look for the +25bhp adjustable mod chip.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys :D

Alboy woz the fiesta a Zetec?

Seen that knob on ebay and seem to be technically possible wot they r saying. One concern is rendering the existing Ford warranty defunk but definately an option if installed stealthly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts