Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my first evo on sat afternoon, an evo v gsr. not driven anything like this before, must be having some sort of midlife crisis.

any advice would be appreciated

cheers

vandalay.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
sit down, belt up and drive it , DO NOT put it in the garage and take it out only to put another coat of polish on it:lol:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
make sure its a good one, repairs and fixes can very quickly mount up.

only use the best, fuel, oil, parts, and you'll get the best driving out of her

your first mod, i recon should be brakes, decent disks and pads, life saver !!

look after he and let the fun begin

ian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
make sure its a good one, repairs and fixes can very quickly mount up.

only use the best, fuel, oil, parts, and you'll get the best driving out of her

your first mod, i recon should be brakes, decent disks and pads, life saver !!

look after he and let the fun begin

ian
Cheers

I assume that my wallet will now be constantly open now then ;), what sort of costs am i looking at for brakes then?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
decent 2 peice disks like performance friction about £550 for the front and about £100 for pads.

i have them on mind and there great.

carbotec also do good pads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
decent 2 peice disks like performance friction about £550 for the front and about £100 for pads.

i have them on mind and there great.

carbotec also do good pads.
that not stupid money then i had a feeling that i'd be looking at four figures,

i had an initial budget of about £9000 got the evo for £6250 insurance cost me £900, so got a few quid to play around with. (don't tell the wife , she thinks the car cost 8k.)

·
NR555
7,428 Posts
good sign, tell her f**k all
:D

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Cheers

I assume that my wallet will now be constantly open now then ;), what sort of costs am i looking at for brakes then?
Sell the Brembos front setup and go for k-sport calipers and brakes. They are only about £850 with PF pads, sell the Brembos for £300 and you have a really good upgrade for the cost of some decent discs.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sell the Brembos front setup and go for k-sport calipers and brakes. They are only about £850 with PF pads, sell the Brembos for £300 and you have a really good upgrade for the cost of some decent discs.
good thinking batman:smthumbup

·
Senior Citizen
3,956 Posts
Why change the brakes :confused:
If you only plan to use it on the road then just keep the brembo's.

Buy better disks and pads when they need changing if you like but the standard brakes are more than upto the job of stopping a standard car on the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
very good idea,

is that what you can get for standard brembos:confused:

also where can you buy k-sport for that price with pads:naughty:

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
+1
There's no point changing the OE disks unless you plan to punish the car on track.
The stock set up will be good for most road work but, if you want a bit more feel and use the brakes hard, invest in a set of decent pads and steel braided brake lines.

Paul
Why change the brakes :confused:
If you only plan to use it on the road then just keep the brembo's.

Buy better disks and pads when they need changing if you like but the standard brakes are more than upto the job of stopping a standard car on the roads.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
+1
There's no point changing the OE disks unless you plan to punish the car on track.
The stock set up will be good for most road work but, if you want a bit more feel and use the brakes hard, invest in a set of decent pads and steel braided brake lines.

Paul
+2

Firstly welcome aboard.

I punish mine on track with stock discs, calipers, decent pads and stainless hoses. The Brembo's are more than capable for some track work. The brakes will not stop you any quicker than the grip from the tyres. If you are able to hit the ABS then your at the grip limit of the tyres.

Look after them, cool them down properly and they will see you through the day and another few.

Save yourself the money and take the wife out for a slap up meal instead. Im sure the wife will reward you with some great sex. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts