Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to The Sunseeker Rally around the Bournemouth area this month? If so where-abouts will you be viewing from. I normally watch th first stage along the promenade and then get roped into domestic duties for the rest of the day. However this year I'll be putting my foot down and saying NO!!! Then again if it's an England 6 Nations match day there will be problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im not competing on the Rally this year, as the car is hired out to another nutter. Will be in the service area keeping warm in the ralliart hospitality unit instead. Service area is based at Bournmouth international airport gravel car park, all day. Normally Brian Stubbings comes down as well to get more entrys to his super car day. Boozy pub lunch in local pub anyone?
see you all there, RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going this year, but I'm leaving my E4 behind so that I can participate in several beers during the day :). I would imagine I'll be viewing the stage along the promenade like everyone else.

Boozy Pub lunch? Tell me were and I'm there... :D

Anyone else coming? Would be good to create a 'mini' MLR meet. Especially if Splodge gets me in the Ralliart tent ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Ralliart Evo challenge team, along with Coordsport really are a friendly lot, and you dont need any one to let you in to their caravan for a nice warm cuppa and biccy, then again you might get tempted by the displays of Piaa lights, Pagid pads and Yoki tyres on offer, so a pub lunch might work out cheaper!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be there, I just put a thread in Lancer chat about this.

Saefront and then on to Somerley Park for the Rally Show and two stages.

I'll be in a silver 6 with the missus.

Dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my mobile, which will be on on the day, is 07973 430 950. Im up for a lunch time bev, local new forest pub, meet at ralliart tuck wagon @ 12.30, in gravel carpark in front of Bounrmouth Int Airport.
RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Avon Causeway is probably the nearest to the Airport. For anyone not familiar with the area. Out of the airport turn left. Straight across small roundabout. Over bridge. Pub is on the left. No more than 5 mins on an empty road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's also the Woolpack in Sopley (turn left out of airport, left at roundabout, over A338, turn right at the junction, pub's in the middle of the roundabout thingy). Some good roads along there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A good day for the Evos had here.
Fat bloke Jerremy Easson scored the Evo 7s first production class win, along with 10th overall on the rally. Weather was a lottery, if you went out on slicks, by the time you reached the stages it was raining, or if you chose wets, the clouds driffted away, leaving sunlight.
The MLR car, driven by Tony Jardine came a respectable 25th overall, and best Southern car club member, despite having a Times journalist sat next to him, and a slipping clutch to contend with.
Lots of other Mitsis out competing, along with Spectator cars and Ralliart managment vehicles.
Brian was seen out and about, collecting up wild group B monsters to entertain you all on the Super car day at Castle coombe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.