Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have the overall results of this rally.
I had my car in for a service at Steve Hills today ,I inquired about the Sunseeker Rally and how thay got on ?.
The first comment was that over 20 WRC cars entered ,Gees I thought WRC cars ,big Rally .
Any ways asked expecting Steve hill entry to be well !!!! Down the list .Dave sais we came 4th over all.
What car was running ?I asked ,expecting the E6 ,well It was that one over there pointing .An EVO 3.
Fkin hell .Just show ya that An E3 can trash a Wrc car given the right motivation and drivers skill ,as well as make up of the car.
This is what its all about the small guys trashing the big guys and the money that is thrown at WRC.
The E3 came 1st in my eyes because its was so capable of doing a job with out all the finance thrown at it.
Brilliant!!!!.
MY car is still mechanicaly perfect and looks good on a ramp with the wheels off.Evoness ,where does it end?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This rally was on the motors channel (429 on Sky Dig) yesterday. Saw Steve Hill come in 4th overall in the Evo III, very impressive..... I too will be using them, I think, for my servicing as I've yet to hear anything but good things about them..... How do you get to them from us Shorty???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have full results if you want as i was there, came 42 overall 18th in class on our first national,made best improvement on seeding and won a full set of mintex pads (Woohoo!!) and yes hills e3 gave the rest a real dicking.check out Rally fever on sky sports on fridays for coverage of Kuhmo tyres championship..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The E3 is a much lighter shell than the 6 and 7s, so they have that as an advantage, the car used is a good spec group A car, the best an up to date production class Evo 7 could do was tenth overall. Steve is a top driver and has been competing on this event for a long time, but if we all keep suporting his workshops, then maybe he can upgrade to a 7 aswell.!
RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, it may well have been the Kuhmo Tyres Championship on Skysports that I saw this rally, and not the Motors channel..... Oh, I dunno, can't remember, that was yesterday.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shaun,

I usually do the motorway to Newbury junction ,up the A34,get off at the 1st ring road exit sign posted.follow this road to Cowley the turn right and go through cowley right by the car works.keep going untill see signs for Long crendon,takes about a hour .once past cowley some nice twisty roads .
The trip is littered with speed camera's:(
Havn't seen you around yet,your supposed to drive the car ,not keep it in the garaged polished :)

Steve hill may of got a third overall but lost some boost on the end stages.He drives a scooby for a road car:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts