Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon we decided to venture out in the Land Rovers as we hadn't been in a while and with some good green lanes not to far away and with the weather to bad to do anything else fun we set off on a mission.

We headed down to Rhayader towards the Elan Valley then up a long green lane right over the top where we were it began to snow. We then headed for Strata Florida as the curiosity was getting the better of us as we have never done it in flood. Into low box and off we went...

All was going well until we got to the big crossing of the river which we normally take the hard deep path just for fun. After much deliberation who was going first and which way to go I edged in then just hoped for the best. At least with the fierce current pushing me it didn't feel as deep as there was no bow wave.

Anyway 2 hours later and just on dark we completed our mission and set off home for some grub.

I apologize for the crap picks but we could barely stand up, the wind was fierce and was too cold to get out most of the time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and my mate took a bit of a detour and we laughed as the front of the landy just sank!

Oh well at least he got to christen his new tow rope.

And a quick video of one of the crossings- where I am parked is normally gravel and we normal have some food or a break there but it was a good 1ft to 18 inches underwater :D

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.