Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zero Fighter
12,892 Posts
Last time I checked they didn't like any mounts unless it was screwed to the car ,having said that I did see caterhams with gopros on them,but when I asked if I can have mine mounted on my harness bar they said no,next time I won't ask and will see how far it gets me

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used a GoPro stuck to my crash helmet (sticky mount, not suction) at Brands as they wouldn't let me use a suction inside or out.

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought the reason the rule came about was one was fell off in cabin and got stuck under brake pedal causing a crash! ? i suppose could be an hazard if falls off on track but if tethered it should be allowed?

·
Premium Member
3,135 Posts
I used a suction mount today at rockingham and they had no issues at all.

It's luck of draw if they even check it on my past experience.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Think it depends what track and trackday operator. Last time I was at Oulton Park they would not let me mount the Go Pro inside or outside with a suction mount! Also, Silverstone would not let me use it either back in September!!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Think it depends what track and trackday operator. Last time I was at Oulton Park they would not let me mount the Go Pro inside or outside with a suction mount! Also, Silverstone would not let me use it either back in September!!
Both MSV who seem to be especially hot on suction mounts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts