Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has a very bouncy front end after fitting second hand BC Coilovers there are no leaks or damage and he's had them on the car for 3 months now

Typre pressures are good and are set 6 clicks from hard front and back

I was thinking it could be the spring preload?

Wheels are off the car and it's up in the air today so hopefully someone can help us out and get this sorted

Thanks in advanced anyone's ideas, opinions, or help is appreciated

Cheers

· Registered
520 Posts
There are 2 type of bouncy.
Either too much damping so the damper isn't really working.
Or too little damping so the damper isn't controlling the recoil of the springs.

Springs rate play a role in determining what is the minimum and maximum damping you can run.
If you are feeling bouncy being 6 clicks from hard, chances are it is too much damping.
Try dropping it down and see how it goes.

Jerrick

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply we dropped it to fully soft and it did improve but is still feeling springy/bouncy.

My Evo is set 8 clicks from hard and it's a rough ride (but I like it that way) so I guess these are the two different types of bouncy you are referring to.

So experiencing both Id say the problem is still too much dampening giving a bounce rather than a rough ride? So any further advice is appreciated cheers

· Registered
520 Posts
It's hard to say, there are a lot of factor at play here.
The adjustment should be there to go from too hard to too soft so to speak.
The problem is if you can't find something in the middle, then you know you ran out of adjustments.

Then it is a case of trying to find what works for you, or the most bare-able setting.
But without knowing a lot more info (any chassis mod, springs rate, damper valving, etc), then anything I say is just a guess in the dark.

I can't really give too much comment with the BC as I just don't know what their specification are like.
It is difficult to work out vehicle dynamic unless you have all the info.

The only thing I can say is keep playing with that knob to see if you can find something in the middle that works for you.

Jerrick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.