Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently thought about buying a used Evo 5 or 6, ive seen a lot of pics of the car...and i saw one pic of the inside...see i am American...and as for me i drive in the left side of a car....i saw the picture and the steering wheel was on the right side...is this for all Evo's 5 and 6's or was it just bad luck seeing that?, like i said stupid question, but please sum1 let me know if the Evo also comes wit a steering wheel in the left side of the car |EQU|0) thanks

Mike
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there are both LHD and RHD models. there are some differences in the models available in each category.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you live in America? Or have you moved over here to the UK? I ask this coz, in America the EVO is an Illigal car.. Its Not road worthy for your laws.. But in 2003 they will be introducing the EVO 7 for the American market..You can get them imported but you would only be able to use it on tracks and not the road...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure there have been (some) LHD models of every Evo incarnation. For the 5 and 6, there are definitely LHD's available, although like Djack mentioned the Evo has not been certified for use on US roads (no US crash tests done yet and the emissions would probably fail California statutes on the standard cat).

Other than that, you can import from any LHD country that sells Evo's (most of Europe) as a track only or kit car. http://www.evolutionimports.net offer US street legal Evo's, although you'll have to decide if their prices are worth it for yourself.

If you're talking about LHD for other countries (ie you're in Europe etc.) you can probably get buying info from the local Mitsubishi dealer.

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup you can buy street legal us evos but imho evolutions imports are taking the **** with the prices, well over the top!

as for LHD I thought you could get an EVO 6 RS or TME, but not GSR, not a real issue imho.

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live in the US...ok so i could buy a Evo 5 or 6 both being LHD and pass admissions here in Arizona with with it? is that all right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it would not work because evo's are not certified to be on the road in the U.S. You could not get tags for it without changing the vin on it which would also be illegal. There are a few people in the U.S who have evos but you have to get around the law with loop holes such as a kit car or something but I have heard it is not worth the trouble especially since the VII is coming in Jan of 2003.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i dont like the evoVII's they dont attract me....the V and VI does, so what all would i have 2 do to get a tags 4 the EVO V or VI |EQU|0)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to put you off from using this forum but try asking or looking on http://www.lancerforums.com (when it's back up and running), they are an American based forum and there is a lot of debate and knowledge on there about your question.

The RS and RS2 are available in LHD and RHD. The GSR is only available in RHD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts