Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out in my winter car (land rover )and have had to abbandon it around 3 miles from the closest road ,
so does any one know any easy ways of removing a landrover that is stuck up to it axels in MUD .
have tryed putting things under wheels to get traction but all that is avalible for aprox 10 mile radius is heather

ANY IDEAS NEED TO GO BACK OUT TO IT LATER TONIGHT ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Find a farmer with a tractor, buy a bottle of whisky (for his efforts, or to drown your sorrows if he won't help).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No winch I presume.......................nahhhh , that wud b 2 easy !
Do Landys have diff locks ?
Was in this situation in a Merc G Wagon when on my own , eventually I did it by locking all three diffs , then alternating between forward and reverse low ratio, and lock 2 lock wiggling on the steering , very difficult tho and it had me worried.
Easiest way wud b a friendly farmer , unless yr already trespassing on his land !
Problem with anything under the wheels is that in mud it just tends 2 get pushed aside.
Best of M8 !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for you replys no winch (would be use less any way no trees can be seen for around 3miles)
no diff locks
might be getting the loan of a tractor in morning ?

just out to buy that alchol.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH it's just got a whole lot worse been to try and recover my landrover this morning , one of my mates has come down in his tractor (about an hours travelling in a tractor)attached the slings and the landrover was pulled out about 3foot then desaster struck the tractor sank up to its axals and is now also stuck .
we are now waiting on the loan of a jcb from another friend to get the tractor out .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All this begs the question:

WTF were you doing in the middle of that field? I hope you wern't bothering the wooly ones... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep she is out now got it out yesterday (sunday) had to use a JCB in the end as the ford new Holland tractor was also stuck up to its axells .
even the jcb sank but the guy driving it for me was a bit of a wiz with it and used the arms and feet on it to walk it out of the bog .
when the tractor sank i thought that was the last i would see of it till next summer when the bog dryed out .
what makes it even worse was the walk back to the proper road it took 3/4 of an hour
even the police helicopter stopped for a look , it hovered for a bit ,so we waved to them they waved back and the flew away .

Dafydd.

p.s Chunky i promise you i may be welsh and stuck in the middle of a moor but i was more concerned about my well stuck lanndy out of the bog than the local ..totty .......sorry i mean live stock (honest)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wot a weekend , trudging around4 hours on end in Welsh bog mud (must b v.sticky stuff) , nafin' all yer M8's off and gettin' all THEIR vehicles stuck , and no transport either by the sound of it.....................grief :(

So in best motivational speak wot did we learn from this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evoboy,

I learned from this:

Don't drive in Welsh fields and if you do, always wear a condom! And; tractors are crap, farmers buy JCB's!!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have deffently learnt never stray from the path (in winter) i had a map (even though i know the area quite well) and it did not say a thing about marshy ground .

my m8swere wery good even with all the problems we had we still managed to turn it in to a laugth :)

its nice to be able to go almost any were though and not have to worry about the evo geting dirty /damaged /broken in to /nicked i just leave the landdy any where (even on the top of open moor land :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts