Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Trying to persuade the missus that what she really wants to buy me for Christmas is a strut brace - she's not keen as they cant be obtained from her clothing catalogues. So what do you lot recommend - I quite like the look of the Cusco 3point. Does the attachment to the bulkhead increase vibration/noise? Are they easy to fit - do I just reuse the existing nuts and retorque - what ft/lbs/nm? Prices at Takakaira look good even with shipping costs. Guess I need to add VAT - import duties?? Anyone tried purchasing from them?
And how about the lower braces - Cusco seem to do 2 types - good idea?
Its not just for show - expecting to do around 6 track days a year.

Help please or I'll end up with another fleece jacket :(

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Digis, RC Developements in Warrington sell Cusco there number is 01925575290,ask for Clive or Max they will answer all your questions and carry them in stock.Its a very good brace and easy to fit.

Regards Barry:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dlgis,

If you buy from Takakaira I am pretty sure that you don't pay for import duty
(I am not sure about the VAT though).

Email me if you want more details.

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good tuners like RC only recommend 3 point Brace, nearly bought one from them (around £200) when Tim Ashton at BTR offered me a second hand one for £50.Had it powder coated in red to match rocker covers for £15. Doddle to fit using all existing nuts.

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ties in the top mounts and stops the body deflecting. It helps retain the proper suspension settings over a range of movement/deflection.

I have the OE front strut brace and MiNES lower arm bar, both on the car when I got it so don't ask what difference it makes! Let me drive your car and I will tell you ;)
I have been considering the OMP rear strut brace, can't go wrong really for £40!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Siko,

LOL :). We are all ***** otherwise we wouldn't be here?

As for the three point brace bit; why then do all the group a and b rallycars I have seen have bespoke straight mount-to-mount alu braces?

New name, still the same old rubbish!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The chassis of the rally cars are also fully seam welded and have full integral roll cages which normally incorporate triangulation of the suspension turrets.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darryl,

Dragon Autosport do a light and very nice looking carbon fibre jobbie for £175. I'm umming and aahing over one meself. Group buy?

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go on steve you know you want one whats £200 compared to £1600 for the brakes.

You know how sexy it looks under the bonnet :) works pretty good on the track as well.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ta for all the replies. Steve - may be up for a carbon fibre one - but cant see Alan getting excited over a group buy of 2 :D Other than that I'm considering buying direct from Takakaira (prices look good).

Darryl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts