Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions as to finding a top strut brace for the E6 ?
Which one to go for and any ideas on price. Can't decide wheather to go for front and back, or first see how much difference the front one makes at Cadwell.
If anyone has any second hand ones I would also be interested.
Cheers
Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the cusco one, type CB. Very light and strong (carbon fiber tube), looks great, and does the job. I believe it costs about 22000 yen, or 120 quid. They make the CB for the rear also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are carbon fibre ones as good as a metal one??? I am about to get one and I have been offered a carbon fibre one for almost the same price......

Please help urgently!!!

Anthony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it an easy job to fix the front and the rear braces? Also is there anythingelse which needs to be done after they are fitted, seem to think the geometry may need looking at.

cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PJ,
They are easy to fit, just a case of undoing the strut bolts and bolting the strut brace in place on top. As you have suspected unbolting the strut mounting bolts will affect the geometry so you would be wise to get the geometry checked and reset afterwards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
front one should also mount to the bulkhead, crossbars are more cosmetic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you simply bolt the bar over the struts, it will be resting on an uneven surface, due to the rubber that protects the welding. I'd recommend you to remove it with a flat screwdriver or similar tool (it will take you a minute to do it). Ideally you should apply some paint afterwards, but it's not absolutely necessary.

I took out my front strutbrace a couple of days ago and I was disapointed to see it had shaped itself to the uneven surface. Note that LHD TME does not come with the strutbar brace, as apposed to the RHD models. The dealer fit one for free when I bought the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rallyman,
Good point, I checked my factory front strut brace (the 3 point jobbie) and they fitted a washer between the brace plate and the turret top to even up the surface, saves a bit of paint respraying ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Peely,

I would go for a three pointer if you haven't (like yours truly) stuck an oil breather kit where the strut would mount to the bulkhead! The extra rigidity this give can only help. If you're not bothered about a three pointer, Dragon do a good carbon fibre 2 pointer for £165 (looks the biz as well).

Now I just need to see if both oil breather and strut brace will fit at once. Doh!

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke to Ralliart last week and they told me they are waiting for a newly designed 3 point alloy brace to come into stock. They quoted me a price of around £115 |PLS| the dreaded and P and amp;P.
I will ring next week and see if they have them in yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doubt it... I've been waiting for the 'new' 3-point alloy strut brace from co-ordsport for over 2 months now. Gave up waiting and got myself a Cusco 3-point from RC for around £145 (can't remember the exact amount). I believe they just got a shipment from Japan... sent me one straight away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.