·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wallbang:ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS,I,M GETTING FRUSTRATED NOW. :wallbang:

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Not sure if this is correct, but give it a go, make sure your firewall is disabled run windows media plaayer go into options and enable sharing, then go into ps3 and search for media, you should then see your pc, when you see the ps3 on media center go into option and enable sharing, you will need to point it at the folders that your sharing, that should be it, two other things im sure a wirelessN router is better for streaming im sure somebody will tell you, you can also hardwire connect it via cable...

But the easiest route is dont bother, get yourself a 2,5" usb powered hardrive and format it to fat32 put all your movies songs pictures on it plug it in and away to go, i have two ps3's both hooked up with 320gb hardives fitted internally, and i also have a 320gb external which i just transfer onto the ps3 hardrive or just play direct from the external HD the fat32 is limited on only being able to play i believe upto 4gb in size, but most HD movies in 720p are 4gb or under..

Edited to add you can get 2.5" drives now that are 500gb

tesco instore have 320gb HD'S for £43 i think they will need to be formatted to fat32 as the NTSC as standard, but there are free programs to do that.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Windows allows you to format eithet NTFS or FAT32 - just connect the drive to your PC and under 'my computer' you can right click and select 'format'.

Looks like FAT32 has been replaced by exFAT on Windows 7 though, don't know if this will be a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts