Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads,

I'm getting strange wear on my front drivers side tyre, both inside and outside shoulders are wearing much quicker than the rest of the tyre. The passenger side is only wearing slightly more on the outside shoulder which was normal up to now. Checked pressures, tracking and camber (adjustable) and all seems ok, car seems to handle ok apart from a little too much understeer when pushed.
Any ideas? something I should be checking for wear??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think what Froggie means is that the lowering process alters the geometry of the suspension and any car needs set up again afterwards (preferably on one of those expensive laser rigs).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wear on the outside edges classically means too low a tyre pressure (or a fat bloater driving :D) not sure in your case though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HARDY HAR HAR!!!

'kin better off asking my 11 month old sonhttp://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

12 stone here HH6 ya LARDARSE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a strange pull to the left all the time had the setting up done many times with laser machine which in my option are wont worth the money, Eye sight and a piece of string are the best ways. I also have wear on inside edge of passanger side wheel. And no its not the road camber of the road.
Dont know whats causing it but going to look at half prop shaft to see whats causing the problems or not. Not using the car at moment so will let you know the outcome.

Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.