Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a strange noise at tickover, especially noticeable when the a/c fan is on (E6 TME). I can hear it slightly when the a/c fan isn’t on, but not to the same degree. The noise disappears when the clutch is depressed. The sound is similar to tappet rattle, but I’m fairly certain it’s not that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been here before, you should be able to find some on here if you use the search engine. Its something to do with the counteracting weight on the clutch plate which knocks against the caseing, i think. You dont say which car you have but mine is the 1800RS does it all the time.
hope this helps
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made the same quetion seven - eight months ago. People told me about the tappets noise but I was sure that it was not a tappet noise. The noise dissapears when you push the clutch pedal and in my car (EVO V) i only hear it after driving it, not before. I can´t explain the problem because I don´t know how to translate some words in English, however I think that I wrote it last time.
Don´t worry I think that there is no problem, I have made 8000km and everything is still OK.
Bye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.