Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got a 260, 12 months old with about 4500 miles on the clock. For about the last 1000 miles when you re engage the clutch after changing down there is a strange vibrating noise almost like the release bearing/clutch is ****ed, has anybody else had this or a similar issue as I want to take it back to Misti but don't want any crap about hard driving etc if its a common problem.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, it sound like we have same problem. Normally happens when approaching juction after driving fairly hard, you come upto junction with brake pedal depressed then as put foot on clutch a large vibration comes throught the pedals, lasts about second or so then stops. I thought it was some hydralic pump starting then stopping or brake graunch, but I did think it could be release bearing, I had BMW that did something similar. Only difference is this happens so rarely, once every few days (60miles / day min).

Anyone any ideas, its going for 9000mile service 20th June....

Dulux....

In addition, launched the car last night and think the clutch stuck open as the pedal went loose half way up..... Just slipped lots, seems OK, no damage, appart from bit of wear.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't sound good mate, ours isn't that bad yet and its more as you slip the clutch going from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd regardless of what yo do with the brakes it isn't making the pedal vibrate it just makes a nasty noise which doesn't sound healthly. I would get your car to Mitsi ASAP to get your problem sorted. It could be a similar problem we are having just yours is at a worse state.

Cheers
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts